We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which car rental company?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Which car rental company?

We'll be in Carvoeiro for 2 weeks in April. It's a while since our last visit so are out of touch with most things. I think I read a while back about 2 local car rental companies that were recommended. If someone could remind me or advise I'd be grateful. I always think car rental is a bit of a minefield.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which car rental company?

The two are Luzcars and Zitauto.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which car rental company?

Thank you for your quick reply.

london
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which car rental company?

Try Travelrent.pt . Have used them for several years without any problems . The price they quote is the price you pay . Bring the car back with the same fuel as when you took it . We are going for 11 nights in April and paid 140 Euros on a fiesta 5 dr . Good value i would say .

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which car rental company?

Thanks fawlboy. Travelrent is one I recognise from looking previously.

Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which car rental company?

I hav also used travelrent severall times no probs they ask fo 20 euro deposit to cover any toll use and its returned when u take car back.only probs with this is if u drop car off really early then no one there to give you deposit back. I hav done this but as i go to algarve regularly my 20 euro carries over to my next rental

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which car rental company?

Thanks buddy.

North Lincs
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which car rental company?

Good morning Jackie

Sorry to butt in on your thread but I too am looking to book a rental car - in May. So thank you for asking the question. We would like to hire ours in the resort though as our holiday includes transfers. Can anyone recommend a local car rental company please?

Leeds, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which car rental company?

Hi Jackiee19

My family and friends that have been traveling to the Algarve (Lagos) for some years now and they have been really happy with the service of Golfauto Rent a car.

They allways deliver them the car at the villa. I would recommend to contact them and check their web site www.golfauto.pt.

All the best

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which car rental company?

I have received a really good quote from Travelrent. They seem so much cheaper than the likes of Luz Cars that it makes me slightly dubious. That said many of you use them regularly so they can't be bad. Are the cars fairly new and reliable?

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which car rental company?

I always use Travelrent through Economycarhire, never had a problem, cars have always been good. You just need to think about taking the extra insurance out that covers tyres and glass/mirrors. I had a damaged tyre one year ( large pothole) and the cost of renewal was reimbursed through Economycarhire insurance. If I had not taken it out I would have been 140 euro down!! Hope that helps you.

Get answers to your questions about Carvoeiro
Recent Conversations