We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Hana Carvoeiro and Alfred Kingsnorth ( Name corrected)

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Hana Carvoeiro and Alfred Kingsnorth ( Name corrected)

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with this or other properties managed by Mr Kingsnorth.

Here is my experience.

I booked a holiday at this villa in early January at a rate of £1,900 for the week and paid the requested 25% deposit of £475.

I paid the balance of £1,935, as requested, 90 days in advance of the holiday on the 5th April including a security deposit of £510.

On the 11th April having received no response from the owner and after tracing his telephone number, which was wrong on the email he sent me, I spoke to him and he informed me that he was not the owner and had not seen the money but would check and respond the same day.

No response

I sent chasing emails

No response.

We were getting worried and I sent an email on the 19th.

“Dear Mr Kingsnorth

I find it very hard to understand why you were able to reply to our

initial application very quickly and now that we have paid the balance

as well as a £510 deposit (an extra £10 was paid in error) you have not

bothered at all.

Please can you let me know what is happening as well as providing me

with some assurance that the booking and our money is safe.

I see that your company is in negative equity and I therefore have

serious concerns.

Yours sincerely”

On the 21st I received the following reply.

“I share your concerns but for entirely different reasons.

In the circumstances, I will resolve your concern at least by refunding your payment and cancelling your reservation.

Please advise the following bank information:

NAME OF ACCOUNT:

NAME OF BANK:

BANK SORT CODE:

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

HOME ADDRES OF ACCOUNT HOLDER:

I look forward to hearing from you”

It should be noted that when i looked at the website again i discovered that the price for the week that we had booked and paid in full for had gone up from £1,900 to £2,350 an increase of £450.

I have now got my money back and have had to find another villa and he will no doubt benefit from the higher rate.

Did he not like me checking up on him and quite reasonably asking for confirmation of receipt of my money and the booking or did he have a customer at a higher rent!!

1. Re: Casa Hana Carvoeiro and Alfred Kingsnorth ( Name corrected)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:16