We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free restaurants

Which Carvoeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free restaurants

A friend of mine is coming out to Carvoeiro in July and can only eat and drink gluten free products and meals. Has anyone any experience with restaurants around Carvoeiro or even recommend some that offer a non gluten meal. She won't be cooking at the villa so it's really the restaurants and not the supermarkets he's concerned about. Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,321 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free restaurants

You should find this helpful

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189112-c206273/Albuf…

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Most restaurants will be able to acommodate your friend, the card as referred to by Cubsur is helpful. Here's some more info:

http://www.celiacos.org.pt/tourism.html

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free restaurants

dougal print out the card before you go I have seen it work in several restaurants in Portugal.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Thank you all for your help. I've prited the card, so we'll see how we get on.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Hi Douglas, we have a son who is gluten free and we are heading to Carvoeiro in July. We have been told about a restaurant which does gluten free pizza and pasta and other dishes it is call Primavera Ristorante Trattoria (not sure about the spelling)

Also I have seen that there is a supermarket in Carvoeiro called Intermarche which stocks the Schar brand of gluten free foods. I am not sure what they have but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

Sinead

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Thanks Sinead. I am going on the 3rd July for a week. When are you going? If it is after this date I may be able to give you some info before you go, thanks again, Dougal.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Thanks Dougal

Looks like we will be there are the same time! Hope you have a good holiday.

Sinead

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Just to let you know I have been carvoeiro the last 3 years and Primavera is a lovely restaurant and yes they do gluten free pasta and pizza!! It's a the top of the hill on the right!

Also, there is lots of gluten free goodies in the intermarche. I love the biscuits that come in a box!! Lol

Enjoy your holidays. I will be back in September !!

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Oh and also the Indian up the hill on the left is good for gluten free (facing what I believe is now called the wolf)

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gluten free restaurants

Just to let you know I have been carvoeiro the last 3 years and Primavera is a lovely restaurant and yes they do gluten free pasta and pizza!! It's a the top of the hill on the right!

Also, there is lots of gluten free goodies in the intermarche. I love the biscuits that come in a box!! Lol

Enjoy your holidays. I will be back in September !!