We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faro for 4 days

leeds
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Faro for 4 days

HI

I am thinking of flying into Faro mid march on a monday night annd fly back to th uk friday afternoon

what is the weather like in mid march and would it be to stay in Faro or go elsewhere for a few days - any ideas

i am a single travelling male

thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faro for 4 days

Faro is the principle city of the Algarve, and its charm is that it does not have mass tourism.

We enjoyed fours days in Faro last October, and have recommended it as a destination to our friends in the UK .

Check weather www.holiday-weather.com/algarve/averages

www.portugal-info.net/algarve/faro.htm

Accommodation www.venere.com

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Faro for 4 days

Faro is a good base from which to visit other places in the Algarve as all the trains and buses are there. As Nurioopta says, it is definitely not a tourist resort in itself. No ex-pat bars with Sky Sport for example! At least none that I have ever seen. there's a little bit to see in the city, the old town inside the walls and the cathedral and some of the buildings elsewhere, but it's mostly a modern glass and concrete city. There are several areas that regrettably are almost derelict and abandoned.

March weather can be a bit iffy. It probably won't be beach weather. We have been spoiled here for the last four weeks, with day after day of unbroken sunshine and temperatures up to 19C during the afternoon. That probably means we are going to suffer later.

leeds
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Faro for 4 days

thank you for your replies- i think i will a a few days in faro a a few days elsewhere , maybe albuferia

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Faro for 4 days

If tyou are wanting the bars and ex-pat community, then Albufeira is the place to be. With a population of 30 000 permanent residents, you are guaranteed that there will be enough places open to keep you entertained.

Winnipeg
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Faro for 4 days

Hello

You mentioned October. Since we were planning a possible trip to Portugal, I was wondering what the weather is like at that time of year, in and around Faro?

Would that be considered "off-season"? Less tourists?

Al (Winnipeg)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Faro for 4 days

Ocotber is normally pretty good. Daytimes we expect temperatures in the high 60's/low70's F (18 - 22C) night-times are starting to feel a little cool. It does rain in October, often in the form of quite violent storms but last year it was very quiet weatherwise.

it's not exactly beach weather for some but very pleasant indeed.

Most of the tourists are long gone, but golfers are usually here in numbers. Playing golf in weather akin to an English summer is preferable to battling the elements back home!

Late October marks the end of the summer season and that's when restaurants and bars whose main trade is tourists start to close up for the winter.

It's a good time to visit while avoiding the crowds.

7. Re: Faro for 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 10:16