We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

largorent car hire

Which Faro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tyneside england
Level Contributor
141 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
largorent car hire

any one used thes. we have booked via ecomomy car hire , an dthey are the provider. i am reading some iffy comments in forum regarding car hire and i am noiw becoming concerned.

Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: largorent car hire

We have been using Lagorent car hire on a regular basis for a number of years and can highly recommend them.

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: largorent car hire

Just returned from a week in the Algarve, we too booked a car through Economy Car Hire (who I have used several times in the past and always been satisfied).

On this occasion ECH supplied the car through Travel-Rent who are based at Faro Airport. On arriving at 9.30pm, we were directed to a car rental hut/portakabin in car park 4 from where several hire companies operate. Travel-Rent had by far the longest queue of all the companies and we waited just short of an hour to be served.

We were then issued a very tatty car, which was so worn out that the agent said he would simply write "lots of dents and scratches all over the vehicle" on the paperwork, as to detail all the damage would take too long!..Finally got on the road an hour and a half after first arriving to pick up the car.

Only in daylight the following day did we get to appreciate the true bad state of the vehicle! - especially worrying was the state of one of the tyres which had tears around the whole side wall and chunks missing from the treaded area...speaking as someone with knowledge of these matters, this would definitely have made the vehicle illegal in the UK.

Perhaps we were just unlucky and in fairness, the Travel-Rent staff were polite and approachable - although clearly they didn't have enough staff to cope, hence the hour long queue. However, if the company are willing to supply vehicles with such obviously unroadworthy tyres, I would be very wary in future - especially if collecting the vehicle in darkness.

3. Re: largorent car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 07:17