We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Which Faro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

Has anybody rented a car from a decent car company... read lots of reviews but all seem bad .... need to hire a car for a week in Dec 12

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

Luz car hire will not give you any of the many highlited problems have a look at all the positive comments for them on this site

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
284 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

Never had a problem with Travel Rent. Been using them for over 10 years too

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

Luz car reliable and hassle free but a bit more expensive. I have found Travelrent to be hassle free and probably the cheapest of them all though their fleet of cars are not as clean/new/smart. Another good alternative is Drive4Fun, again cheap and hassle free.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

I always use Drive4Fun and have never had any problems with them.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

As above, would recommend Luz Cars

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire

Hi!

I use www.you-drive.cc several times a year. Excellent service and nice people. No problems.

Cheers!

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire

Ukjoek - all your 15 posts have been about car hire and you have recommended four or five different companies.

It just looks a bit strange to me. Surely if you found one that is that good you would stick with them.

london
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire

Have used www.arguscarhire.com for the last 6 years for car hire from faro airport . They trawl through most of the large and small companies . Never had a problem .. always collected the car at the airport and good serice .

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car hire

Remember argus are simply a broker, not a car hire company themselves!

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: car hire

You really need to read the threads about car hire firms. There are loads that criticise argus by people who have been caught out with hidden extras and their fuel policy. Read all terms and conditions before booking.