We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
391 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

Arriving from Lagos (after a week here) by bus and am thinking two nights in Faro. Passed by the bus station on the way over here. Is that a good place to base myself? (Convenient to early airport bus. But easy access to center by foot? Safe? Recommendations?)

Am a budget traveler & looking for a private room. Or should I just take an offer from those ladies who offer rooms at the bus station? What is a fair price?

Again, many thanks in advance. Everyone in the Algarve forums has been very kind and helpful!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

There are several hotels in the immediate area of the bus station and it would make a good base as the centre of Faro is barely 200 yards away, but what is your budget in terms of Euros night?

The better hotels have rooms from 50 Euros per night, I can see a two star offering on alpharooms.com at 23 Euros.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
391 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

I am leaning towards the €23 option ;) Any specific recommendations?

Thank you so much - very reassuring information!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
391 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

I am leaning towards the €23 option ;) Will check out alpharooms.

Thank you so much - very reassuring information!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

In SF, what would you think when ladies offer you a room? :)

Faro is easy to walk. For safety it's like any other city in the world.

Keep an eye on your belongings.

www.farouncovered.com

Faro is a working city. I'd like to make a suggestion:

The day you arrive from Lagos, explore Faro city and spend the night.

The next day take the ferry (it leaves from the area left of the marina) to one of the islands.

silnido.com/index.php/…

If you take the ferry to Culatra, it's on the West side of Ilha de Farol. You can walk the island (1 1/2 to 2 hrs leisurely) to the other end which is called Farol. From there you can take the ferry back to Faro or the ferry to Olhao, which is a fisherman's town East of Faro (it's only a few miles). Have a look around in Olhao, it's nice! From there you can take a bus or train back to Faro. Spend the night and leave for the airport the next morning.

Have a look at Google Maps.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 11:01
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
391 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

Thank you - I think I'll do exactly that!

6. Re: To airport early, which area to stay 2 nts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:18