We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luz Car Hire Faro

England, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Luz Car Hire Faro

Hi

We're going to Burgau in June and would like to hire a car - first time as we havent done this abroad. I've done a bit of research and it looks like Luz Cars come out the best - please can anyone with experience of this firm comment? I believe their rental prices include fully comp insurance, is this correct? and also, are there any hidden charges when you pick up/drop off at the airport?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Luz
Luz
Faro District, Portugal
65 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

Hi Faye

You are correct the price you see is the price you pay.

No hidden charges.

Have used them before with no problems. You can also pay in cash if you don't have a credit card. I always take out extra CDW insurance in the UK though as that's my choice. Just check the vehicle over as you would with any other hire csr company

England, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

Thanks Steve :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

I am also considering hiring a car. The Economy Car Hire quotation I have seen for a car supplied by Luz Car seems tremendously cheaper (about 30%) than Luz Car's published prices for the same car supplied direct by Luz Car. There doesn't seem to be a difference in the terms - Am I missing something fundamental?

Mentioned in this post
Luz
Luz
Faro District, Portugal
Scotland
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

Huge fan of luz cars, used them many, many times. No hidden costs. You take the car as it is and u bring it back, no questions asked and no checking over required.

Trust them totally.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

I would always trust Luz Cars too. The question of pricing is strange though. You will always get a much cheaper quote through a broker such as Economy Car Hire. I recently put this to them expecting a competitive direct quote but they answered simply saying their prices are as per their website and ECH can quote cheaper because they are a broker? Still doesn't make any sense to me, so Luz Cars vis ECH it is.

Mentioned in this post
Luz
Luz
Faro District, Portugal
london
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

We always use travelrent and along with luz cars and drive4fun seem to get the best write ups . We initially used travelrent through a broker and after a while thought i would get a quote direct . It was way cheaper direct . So ever since we contact them directly and ask for their best price . This year we got a quote for 5 weeks in july and August and it was virtually half the prize of Luz cars ! They operate the same fuel policy [ bring it back as you took it ] and no hard sell on extras .

Mentioned in this post
Luz
Luz
Faro District, Portugal
Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

Thanks Fawlboy. I'll maybe try for a direct price from Travelrent.

Europe
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

We've got a car from Luz at the moment (Via Economy Car Hire) and it was an easy process at the airport with no hard sell on anything and not even a credit card swipe. The car is a grade up from what we booked (B class rather than an A as booked) and is fine, an older C3 but works fine. The guy didn't even check the petrol but just told us where the garage was.

I'm pretty sure all will go well on return as well - if not I'll be on here like a shot - but it seems that this is a company that trusts it's customers and expects (and should get) the same in return.

Mentioned in this post
Luz
Luz
Faro District, Portugal
Congleton, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

I have booked with Luzcar for last two years and after coming back to our car on the beach car park to find a huge scratch down the side (and no note) were really glad we had the all inclusive option. We never had any comeback on this. I'm gutted because I waited for the cheaper Easyjet flights (£800 last week compared to £1400 in January) and now they don't have a car. We have booked with Farocar this time (similar set up out of the back of the van but can pay in cash so they never have your card details) but it is more expensive as you have to select the all inclusive option. Anyone used these before? Not many reviews online!

England, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luz Car Hire Faro

Just don't look for any signage of flags outside the airport - it took us about 30 mins to find luz car - they operate out a van!

Reply to: Luz Car Hire Faro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted