We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravacar faro airport

Which Faro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bravacar faro airport

Have booked a hire car through Holiday autos and realised it is Bravacar .Have read some negative reviews about old cars.

Is the car hire at Faro airport as says on the voucher or will we need a shuutle bus .dont really want a transfer to pick the car up.?

Are the cars roadworthy.?

Do they supply a transponder for using on the A22 toll road or can we pay a charge beforehand?.

It says they are supplied quarter full so can we fill up on leaving the airport.?

Thanks

Sally

1. Re: Bravacar faro airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 11:29
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bravacar faro airport

Just got back from faro after hiring a car from bravacar. We were told they were located in car park 4, went to the car hire portakabin there and asked and they said there is a guy based over by the road. Couldn't see anyone but turned out to be a guy in a baseball cap who looked like any local, he wasn't marked up but had a sheet with my booking on it. The car we got was ok, not the cleanest but bravacar are cheap so can't complain. Got a receipt quick check of the car and ready to go. Fuel deal pre agreed was take quarter full and return the same but car was three quarter full so he said return as it was.

Very easy going guy, he even said if no one was here when we returned the car just to leave the keys under the visor!

Thankfully was there when we returned and only had quick check of car and no issues so easy get away.

Think in future I'd pay a little more as soooooo casual and didn't feel as professional though as no issues can't complain. If I'd had a problem sure I'd never have returned!

Guadeloupe
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bravacar faro airport

I would like to inform customers of this company. Bravacar are not serious. There is no agency at the airport and you have to wait Park4, a person without reporting, come and give you the keys of the vehicle.I got an old car that broke down the 2nd day. They did not want me to change it and send me a repair after 3 hours of waiting. electric problem! The car had a bad handbrake, the brushes Screenwash did not work and the driver's door did not close properly.

In return I was asked to pay 25 € because I put the car at 6:30 am to the airport of Faro. As the agent does not come to the appointment, they told me that I will not have to pay 25 €.

note that the rental site called arguscarehire.com, must be avoided because before paying you do not know if you're going to have beautiful car Bravacar

Guadeloupe
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bravacar faro airport

I would like to inform customers of this company. Bravacar are not serious. There is no agency at the airport and you have to wait Park4, a person without reporting, come and give you the keys of the vehicle.I got an old car that broke down the 2nd day. They did not want me to change it and send me a repair after 3 hours of waiting. electric problem! The car had a bad handbrake, the brushes Screenwash did not work and the driver's door did not close properly.

In return I was asked to pay 25 € because I put the car at 6:30 am to the airport of Faro. As the agent does not come to the appointment, they told me that I will not have to pay 25 €.

note that the rental site called arguscarehire.com, must be avoided because before paying you do not know if you're going to have beautiful car Bravacar

Glasgow
Level Contributor
685 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bravacar faro airport

We had a car from Bravacar 3 years ago. It was an old Fiat and it was awful. It broke down on our way back to Faro Airport for our flight home. Luckily we were "saved" by the man who came to recover the vehicle on the A22 in his huge pick up truck.......it was the most horrid car and a horrid experience.

I have just reported a review on Gold Car, it it isn't too late please cancel your curremnt booking and try to book with them.

6. Re: Bravacar faro airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16