We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

I think I've decided on Lagos as a resort for my hols in Sept, but now need to find a hotel/apartments!

My husband and I want somewhere that has clean, spacious rooms, excellent pool facilities (as we tend not to do much exploring!!) and maybe a playground/creche to keep our 22 month old amused.

We'd also like to be within walking distance of restaurants/bars etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

The Marina Club Hotel ticks all those boxes.There's a selection of restaurants and bars on the adjacent marina complex whilst the town centre is a pleasant ten minute stroll away.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

I ditto this!!!!!!

Also have a look at Aqualuz!

Was in there the other day - nicely refubished and great pool area.

http://www.aqualuz.com/en/home.html

Easy walking distance through the pedestrian tunnel to city centre.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

Agree with previous answers, Marina Club.

Is the Tivoli four-star?

If so that probably ticks most of your boxes too.

A couple of fairly tacky bars nearby, or 500m walk to either town or Marina for restos.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

fletch535 wrote :"A couple of fairly tacky bars nearby"............

Luis WILL be pleased !!....... Carry on like that,fletch, and you may very well find yourself barred from the karaoke !!!!! LOL

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

Haha.

Lagos has not yet been subjected to my karaoke attempts. That's one of the nice things about it.

Seem to recall coming a close second in Luis's quiz once or twice over the years, though.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

Luis; a legend in his own lunchtime!!! An affable cheery cheeky chappy who aims to please. I've met him (who hasn't?). His bar and restaurant(s) are ideally aimed at Brits who enjoy value for money "bar food" and karaoke. Personally not my scene but, as they say, the customer comes first. However, this doesn't actually answer the original question.

The Porta Da Vila apartments would seem to fit most of the requirements outlined by Jolovesluxury. In my opinion a little over-priced but near to Lagos centre with a safe enclosed pool/ paddling pool area. As ever, it should be noted that Lagos is hilly. From these apartments to Lagos centre is quite a steep haul coming back, but if you take your time and "chill" it really doesn't matter so much.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

I've booked the Marina Club apts - a pool view suite in September - looking forward to it, thanks for your help.

Jo

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

Excellent choice,Jo, enjoy !!

9. Re: Looking for a 4* plus family hotel in Lagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 20:18