We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

London
1 post
Save Topic
Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

Hi

I am going to Portugal over the Christmas and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Portuguese restuarant for a family with a young child of 5.

I would ideally like to reserve somewhere for Christmas day or Boxing day to ensure we have somewhere to eat.

Thank you in advance

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

Hi,

I was making enquiries regarding the Christmas period when we were there last week.Two restaurants I know of who intend to be open over the Christmas season are Fernando's (near the fish market) and Christian's Kitchen (near the hotel Tivoli).Fernando's is a Portuguese/International restaurant and very,very good, whilst Christian's Kitchen is run by a Danish chef and offers international fare which is quite superb.

Whether or not either establishment will be open and taking reservations for Christmas day itself I cannot tell you but, if you would care to send me a private message,I have the 'phone numbers for both places and an e-mail contact for Christian's Kitchen.

One thing I can give you firm information on is that O Galeao will definitely not be opening over Christmas, despite extended negotiations with the chef over the past three weeks - I even offered to do our own washing up !!, but to no avail.

Lagos Portugal
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

Hi

I can tell you that unfortunately Christians Kitchen is definately closed on Xmas day, but if you want a Xmas lunch Martin at No Patio is open and still has a few places left and he is a very good chef and he makes it an event when he does something special for Xmas, New Year etc. Email to nopatio@aol.com or 'phone him on 351 282 76 37 77

Sunnylagos

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

We too are going to Portugal for Christmas, actually in Albufeira but we are in the process of buying property in Don Anna so will probably be spending the majority of the time in Lagos and we would love to know what restaurants are open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Last year we had a hot dog at the cafe in the square which was very good actually!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

Hmmmm.

Turkey and the trimmings with the in-laws in Glasgow, or a hot dog in the square in Lagos?

Tough choice, but I think I could handle it.

portugal
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

I know from secure source that Christian's Kitchen will be open in the 24th of Dec...

Just in case I will leave their Phone number 00 351282 18 13 11

hope this can help you

6. Re: Lagos, Christmas Restuarants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 14:20