We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Lagos, During July

Skopje
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Lagos, During July

I wanna go in Lagos in July. How much money will I need to spen 10 days there? I come from the Balcan Peninsula.

Algarve
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

July is high season. Depends on what you want to do ? Do you have your accomodation booked ? Does it include your meals ? to get an average quote on accomodation visit www.bookings.com and write in lagos that way you will see how much accomodation costs, to eat out you can still do so very cheaply "dish of the day " approx 6€ pp

Hope this helps

Skopje
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

thx man, i'll check the site. Tell me, what kind of people are staying in Lagos, young, mature, old, are they haveing fun and parties? What's the nationality of the turists?

Shefford, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

Lagos tends to attract all ages. It's very safe and the people, although look serious are helpful and friendly. We are going to Lagos again in July for our 3rd time in 4 years. Most 'tourists' seem to us to be Portugese (there aren't many Brits which is why we love it so much lol) as it is more residential rather than the usual holiday hotel resorts like Portimao and Alvor, which are just a few miles away. It's quite laid back with lots of restaurants and bars so the evenings are taken up by having a leisurly meal then on to a bar (the cocktail bar Zanzibar is a must as is the bar with the roof-top terrace up the main street). There are a couple of clubs but we haven't been in them. A more quiet place is the marina, although some of the restaurants can be a bit more expensive but it's nice to sit with an iced coffee just people watching and drooling over the boats. The cheaper restaurants are behind the town away from the centre where you can get a jug of Sangria or wine for 5 euros. You will also find the Peruvian Indians playing the pan pipes near some of the cafes, which is a nice way of spending lunch. The beach restaurants also do nice food too if you are spending a day on the beach. If you hire a car go to the sand sculptures in Pera as they are amazing. Hope you have a great time.

Shefford, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

Have a look at web site lagos.me.uk as it gives you all the info you need on everything including bars and restaurants.

Skopje
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

What about Alvor and Portimao? they are more fancy or..? PLs send me more info about this places if you have or links where can i find smth about this places.

Shefford, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

Just do a search on here (top left corner) and you will find loads of info in the forums etc. Also do a search on Google.

7. Re: Staying in Lagos, During July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 05:29