We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

How to get from Faro airport to Lagos ? Bus ? Train ? We will arrive on a saturday evening.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

Hy there!

If you're arriving saturday evening it's definitivelly better to take a taxi. You won't have much traffic on he road, and you'd might loose your pacience waiting for a train...!!!

Enjoy the sun, the beaches, and the nightlife!!!

aberdeen, scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

It's obviously quicker and easier by road (hire car/taxi), but it's possible and much cheaper by bus/train.

Faro airport has no station, but you can take a bus into Faro, then a train from Faro to Lagos. I guess the bus goes to Faro bus station, close to the rail station. You might have to change trains at Tunes, but that's easy. Check times at www.cp.pt

If for some reason there are no buses into Faro (it is NOT a 24-hour service), you will have to use a taxi, in which case go west (e.g. to Loule) and get the train from there - saves doubling back on yourself.

(Why did they build a station for a new football ground, but not for an airport? Weird!!)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

If you are thinking of a bus transfer try <www.low-cost-transfer.com>. They run a coach transfer but the trip could take up to 2-2.5 hours dependant on how many drops the bus has to make before Lagos. I can't recommend this service because I haven't used it, but I picked up a leaflet on my last visit to Lagos in May.

If you are considering a taxi, you can pre-book one with Auto-Faro Lda. by e-mail. We used this firm in May and were happy with their service. They monitor the airport's computer and are there to meet you regardless of early touchdowns or delays. Your name will be clearly displayed by the driver and the cars are modern, clean and safely driven. The charge for Faro- Lagos in May 2005 was 70 euros. If you decide on this option,post again & I will let you have the e-mail address.

However you get there I'm certain you will love Lagos; have a great time.

Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

Thank you for your answers. I think the most practical solution for us will be a taxi . Hopefully Sagres would provide us the e-mail for prebooking a taxi - the cost of 70 Euros shuld be a reasonable cost, or ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

Yes, no problem.

Contact address is:- <antoniosopa@auto-faro.com>

He will e-mail you back with a list of required details and confirm them back to you. Shortly before your journey date he will probably re-confirm details ( he did with us anyway) and,if you're lucky, you will get an " e- Christmas card " from him as well.

Hope this helps and that you have a smooth trip and a great holiday.

Dublin
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

can anyone recommend anywhere cheap and cheerful for a group of people in their 20's?

Dublin
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

Can anyone recommend anywhere cheap and cheerful to stay in Lagos for a group of people in their 20's?

8. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2007, 15:27
9. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2007, 14:04
Ayr
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Faro Airport to Lagos

a taxi friend of mine will charge 60 euros from faro to lagos for two or three persons

email dreamville@hotmail.co.uk for further details