We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

I am going to Lagos with my girlfriend this week.

Wonder if anyone has any good tips on

1. A really special nice restaurant (may cost a little more but worth every penny)

2. A really excellent value place to eat - maybe very informal but great food.

Local authentic restaurants only.

Alan

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

Hi Bolchy,

For No. 1 try Christian's Kitchen,almost opposite the entrance to the Hotel Tivoli Lagos - an excellent new addition to Lagos' eateries; it's chef and owner, Christian, used to work for the Sheraton Group of hotels and offers an outstanding menu served by pleasant and attentive staff.It's not neccessarily Portuguese cuisine but is highly recommended. Alternatively, Dos Artistas on Rua Candido dos Reis -seems to be the kind of place you're looking for.

For No. 2, either A Lota or Doca Pesca, both fish restaurants and both alongside the fishing dock opposite the railway station, should provide what you've got in mind.

There is a wealth of good eating venues at both ends of the market in Lagos, so don't be surprised if you get lots and lots of suggestions.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

We came back from Lagos last week(weather fab by the way)and ate out a couple of times at Gaviota Branca which is down on Meia Preia beach.It has a good outlook and does get busy (considering it is quite away up the beach) The fish was lovely and the atmosphere friendly . The waiters explained all the dishes etc and their service was good.The owner was there several times and was very friendly and enjoyed a chat .We will certainly go back on our next visit.

Wrexham
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

Hi. For number one, my boyfriend and I were in Lagos for our anniversary and went to No Patio for a meal. Really enjoyed it, lovely atmosphere and the food was gorgeous! For number two, you will be spoiled for choice but our favourite was Antonio's. Have fun!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

For a really special/romantic meal try Restaurante Dos Artistas on Rua Candido dos Reis. Ate there last night, expensive at 312 euros for four, but excellent food (Portuguese and international).

For great value/atmosphere/food, try Mullens, next door to the above. 50 Euros will cover both of you, no sweat.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

fletch535

Re Artistas.

For 312 euros for 4, what could people expect? Would this include drinks etc?

Never got around to going myself, although have seen their menu and even at the prices I recall, it sounds like you had a hearty night out!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

Fletch,

Is Dos Artistas up to its usual standard, as I've read a recent report that it was below par? As usual I'm happy to accept your judgement and also await your verdict on Gavoita Branca as I'm sure you'll pop in there on one of your marathon walks along Meia Praia.( Please check out the wine list and report back !! )

yorks
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

if you ever become really hungry (i mean really) theres a great small restaurant near the irish pub. unfortunately i cant remember the name but im sure someone will remind me.

it is situated on a left street immediately before the irish pub (coming from town centre)

the food is great, the portions are overwhelmimg.

i recommend the seafood spaghetti main course as a starter for sharing between 2-4 people.

bookings not taken at peak periods

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

You're probably referring to Casinha do Petisco where the lamb stew is also worth sampling.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

Sounds like the place. The owner/ chef (darn forgotten his name!) prizes himself on offering generous portions. Good consistent quality, very good value, and popular with locals.

Just hope that they've got rid of waitress (no, not the wife!).

yorks
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Adice on Places to Eat in Lagos

the chef is amazing , in such a small kitchen he is tremendously quick at dishing out great meals , but i must repeat i main course is enough for two hungry people.

didnt notice the lamb stew but ill try it this summer