We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

We are staying at the Tivoli Lagos Hotel at end of August. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to their beach club. Do you have to pay an entry fee to get in to the beach club and do you have to pay for sunbeds there.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

Entry to A Duna, the Tivoli's beach club, is ( or at least was) free, but it has recently been extensively modernised.A recently returned friend informs me that they now have double wickerwork sunbeds for which they charge €50 per day for two people inclusive of a bottle of champagne; presumably there are normal sunbeds available but, as they always used to charge for these, I should imagine that they still do.You'll find more detail here :

www.duna-beach.com/dunabeach/EN/home.html

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

I can confirm that the Duna Beach Club has been spruced up, with a more up-market feel (this seems to be a new trend throughout Lagos, actually).

The fancy new sunbeds looked very inviting but were all empty when we passed by last week. I guess 50euros, even with a bottle of bubbly, isn't everyone's idea of great sunworshipping value.

There were still plenty of normal ones which I presume are 10euros which seems to be the going rate elsewhere (or are they free for Tivoli residents?).

yorks
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

its says on the hotel website that sunbeds at dunas are complimentry

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

The website does not say that the loungers at A Duna are complimentary -it says that they are subject to payment.The sunbeds on the beach in front of the Beach Club are free to guests of the hotel.

Details here :http://www.duna-beach.com/dunabeach/EN/home.html

yorks
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

yes my mistake

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

Returned from Tivoli Lagos in May. The double sunbeds surrounding the pool at Duna Club were charged for but the ones on the beach which were charged for are now free.

merseyside
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

Just returned from Tivoli. We went on the bus to the beach club. We actually had the sun loungers on the beach and were not charged at all. We took the beach towels you borrow from reception, so maybe the beds on the beach are free to hotel residents. We went into the club for a drink its lovely. There are beds called love beds with big comphy cussions overlooking the sea thats where they charge 50 euros for two with a bottle of champagne. Don't know how much the other loungers are.

8. Re: Tivoli Lagos Hotel Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 14:18