We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish Bar in Lagos

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Irish Bar in Lagos

I know this is a longshot, but my wife and I visited Lagos in 1988. We met an Irish couple who ran a bar there and we went there quite a few times when we were on holidays. They were a really nice couple and I think they had a couple of small kids at the time.

Does anyone know if there's a couple matching that description that's still in Lagos? We're going to Alvor next weekend and would love to drop into their bar (if it's still there) for old times sake.

Paul V

1. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 16:53
Europe
Level Contributor
266 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

The irish rover is an irish bar and owned by a man from co clare and is there for years now, can be difficult to find but if you have a map of Lagos you will find it on 9 Rua do Ferrador. See the reviews on trip advisor on the irish rover. The owner is Derek and his wife Ursula.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

The Irish Rover is the one!

Best Guiness in the Western Algarve!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

Thanks for the replies. I think that may well be the place we remember. It's over 20 years ago, but the name is familiar and I remember it was on a side street.

Edited: 19 March 2011, 12:20
yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

yes it is on a side street near one of the best value for money restaurants in lagos.

the portions are ridiculously large

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

Casinha do Petisco by any chance?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

I'm afraid I've no clear memory of the name of the bar. It was 23 years ago. I was just thinking about it the other night and was wondering if they were still there.

Edited: 23 March 2011, 19:08
Ayr
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

you may also be thinking of Roskos which was run by a irish man with canadian lady but now is a dance bar and not irish jig stuff either

…blogspot.com/2011/…new-season-new-bars.html

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

Thanks mate. I think the couple were both Irish, as far as I can recall.

I was in Alvor last weekend for a few days, but didn't get a chance to go to Lagos. Will probably pay a visit next time I'm in Alvor.

10. Re: Irish Bar in Lagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 15:57