We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to bus station

SE Portland
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to bus station

Hello TA,

My plane arrives on a Saturday evening at 10:55 this September. I would like to take the 1:30 AM bus to Lisbon. What number bus do I look for to the Rede Express bus sation?

Once arriving in Lisbon, what is the best way to get from... is it Gare Oriente, to Rossio in order to continue on to Sintra?

Thank you very much for any advise you can give me.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Rossio
Rossio
582 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
Sintra Municipality, Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to bus station

EDIT: ohh, I see that you arrive at Faro airport... is this right?

So let me see if I get this right. You arrive late at night, and want to go to Sintra by public transport, is this right?

If yes, from Lisbon to Sintra, the best way it's the train, but at this time of night they are only two trains per hour until, I believe two clock in the morning.

Also the Airport Shuttle end's at 11pm... So you'll have to use "standard" transportation, and this is bus number 745, and it end's at midnight...

It might seem expensive, but I would buy a taxi voucher to Sintra that is 64€ , that will take you directly from the airport to your destination, door to door.

askmelisboa.com/en/catalog/taxi-voucher/-lis…

Edited: 21 May 2011, 16:16
Mentioned in this post
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
Lisbon
Lisbon
SE Portland
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to bus station

Hi thx,

Here's the real deal:

I will be staying at this time close to Colares, outside of Sintra. My friend's flight is arriving into Faro around 11 in the evening. She wishes to meet up with me and I am trying to figure the easiest way that this can happen. I think that your idea of the taxi to Sintra would be wonderful; but she needs to start her journey from Faro.

If she decides to take the bus, is the bus station close to the airport, or will she need to take a local bus from the Faro airport to the bus terminal in Faro. I think that from Faro, there is a Rede Express bus to Lisbon leaving early that morning at 1:30 arriving into Lisbon at 5:30am. She could take the Metro to Rosio from Gare Oriente, get the train to to Sintra, and then wait for the 403 to Cascais, hop on and get off in Colares.

I apologize - this a very involved question, preceding what seems to me to be an exhausting start to my friends first visit to Portuga. I'm trying to help, but I've never been to Faro Airport.. I think my hang up is how to get from the airport to the bus station or train station.

One more question, at this hour, what would be the best, the Train or Bus from Faro to Lisbon.

Thank you very much for your patience. I've seen your name often in the Lisbon forum and it always looks like THANKS!! 1011 to me!. so Thx!!

Mentioned in this post
Sintra
Sintra
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Cascais
Cascais
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to bus station

I think I can help a little.

The last bus from Faro airport into the city is at 23.15, after that time the only means of travel is a taxi. That will take about 10 minutes and cost about 10 Euros.

There is no train from Faro to Lisbon until 7am.

You can take the 01.30am Rede-Expressos bus to Lisbon but you must buy at ticket in advance - the bus station ticket office is not open at that hour.

You can book the bus journey at www.rede-expressos.pt

The Rede-Expressos bus terminal in Lisbon is at Sete Rios, not Oriente. You can get to Sintra from the adjoining rail station without going into the city centre by taking a train towards Cacem and changing to the Sintra train there. The first train is at 0611.

The RENEX bus at 01.15 (www,renex.pt) goes to Oriente. The metro does run as early as 5am but you can take a train towards Cacem and Sintra, as above, from 0538 onwards. There is again no need to go into the city centre.

Faro is over 200 miles from Colares., a long journey and Faro is not the ideal place to start from in the middle of the night.

Mentioned in this post
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Sete
Sete
Herault, France
Sintra
Sintra
SE Portland
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to bus station

Hello Cubsur,

You have helped a LOT!

Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply,

Judy

5. Re: Airport to bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 05:19