We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

We are going to Lagos, Portugal on 7 August. Which are the best restaurants.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

what kind of food do you like.

have you been to algarve before

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
413 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

You could check out the restaurants here on the home page I find they usually give the best traveller reviews but it all depends on preferences. Have to say I have been lucky enough not to come across a bad restaurant in Lagos so you should have plenty of choice.

Dublin
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

We have been visiting Lagos for a number of years & our 2 favourites are

Os Lambertos, Rua do Compromisso Maritimo | Largo da Assembleia Municipal, Lagos, Portugal

&

Comidinha, Urbanizacao Torraltinha, Lote 5, Lagos, Portugal

They are both Portuguese restaurants & not on the main strip. Ask any Portuguese person & they will direct you - you will not be disappointed.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

We have an apartment in Alvor, but visit Lagos from time to time when we are staying there. We had a lovely meal there last week in a restuarant that was introduced to me by a local resident. It was the Cafe do Mar on the seafront just past the castle.

Paul V

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

i like this one 2.

walked past it numerous times over the past 10 plus years.

decided to try it for lunch last year on last day, found chef from restaurant that no longer exists at porto do mos carpark.

booked for dinner 2 .

also visited in april lunch special roast lamb was superb

Pontyclun, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Would sugguest Fernandos on Av. dos Descobrimentos, small and intimate, will need to make a reservation. A friendly restaurant on the main avenue.

Adega de Marina again on the main avenue, large refectory style restaurant, always busy with locals and tourists. Dont get put off by the size of the place, the food is consistent and reasonably priced. May have to queue but worth the wait.

Adega Forga Tipica, also known as the Blue door. Again you may have to queue for a table, its busy lunch and dinner all year around.

Outside the town N125 at Torres, Casa Chico Ze. Lunchtimes only, Large restaurant lots of outside seating. Fabulous grilled fish and meat dishes.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

if you like a curry , the best restaurant (i have tried them all )is called tasty indian, try the chicken kashmiri, goes great washed down with a bottle of casal garcia.

it isnt a fancy place but the food is delicious.

Pontyclun, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Where in Lagos is "Tasty Indian" ? Will give it a go when we are over in September.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Hi Paul and Paul,

Re lamb at Cafe do Mar, is this a rack, a leg, or some other cut?

10. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 July 2011, 20:34