We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Questions

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Questions

A senior couple needs to get from Madrid to Seville. Seville to Lagos, Portugal. Lagos to Madrid.

Is there a possible way that doesn't include transfers and connections? Please help.

Worried.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Questions

I think it could be very complicated including lots of changes it would be something like

Madrid to Seville change Seville to Albufeira change Albufeira to Lagos,

coming back

Lagos to Albufeira change Albufeira to Lisbon change Lisbon to Madrid

Im sure some of the DEs could point you in the right direction and if its best to use combination of bus and train etc and the logistics of it

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,456 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Questions

It exists (at least) a bus doing Lagos-Sevilha and return. www.eva-bus.com/novo/lagos_sevilha.php…

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Questions

I heard so much about Lagos and the Algarve. Perhaps you can recommend another beach location with views as well as Lagos that would be easy and direct to get to from Seville. We are an older couple so it is difficult to change transportations. Thanks.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Questions

Oops, forgot to check off "get notified by email" So here is repeat question.

Any advice where we can go in Portugal or Spain that will be easy to get from Seville. Perfer only to travel direct with no changes. I'm looking for a beautiful sea/beach town just as beautiful as Lagos. Help.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation Questions

There is a bus service between Seville and Lagos, via the Algarve towns and cities of Tavira, Faro, Albufeira and Portimão among others..

It runs twice a day in winter, four times a day in summer.

There is also a bus at midnight from Seville to Lisbon via Tavira, Faro, Loulé, Ferreiras and then off up the highway to Lisbon. Four days a week this route also runs in daytimes.

They are the only direct public transport links into Portugal other than flying to Lisbon. There are no train connections.

For more information about travel between Seville and the Algarve etc see my page at www.algarvebus.info/001.htm

Some other points to mention:

Faro is not a holiday resort as such, Tavira beach is a mile from the town on an island which is part of a nature reserve, Albufeira bus terminal is a mile from the town centre etc etc so it is almost inevitable that some form of additional transport will be needed to get to your final destination eg hotel. Taxis and local buses are fairly readily available.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 03:19
St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation Questions

Thanks so much for helping. Is it worth trying to get to Lagos? Or is there a beach as beautiful elsewhere in Portugal?

Or, is there a beach area from Sevilla that is just as remarkable (so I hear) as Lagos that is in Spain??? Maybe going from Sevilla to a beach in Spain may be easier to get to?

Thanks for your advice.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation Questions

If you're going to Lagos just for its beaches then I would say you might be wasting valuable time. The beaches are lovely, but there are many equally as good and some would say better.

Lagos for the total experience I would recommend. Solely for its beaches and I'd advise a rethink.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation Questions

In Spain you could go to Tarifa which has a beautiful beach and a lovely old town. There is a direct bus from Sevilla to Tarifa several times (I think 3) times a day. From Tarifa to Madrid you will have to travel through Sevilla again I guess.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation Questions

closely guarded secret place

cadiz is an hour and a half from Seville.

10. Re: Transportation Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2012, 15:35