We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Da Moura Hotel

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Casa Da Moura Hotel

Hi,

The pool at this hotel is small, which is fine but does it get the sun all day? I dont want to trek to the beach every day, so being able to spend one day at the pool would be nice. Also it would be nice to sit by the pool late afternoon after a day out and chill!!

Or am I better to go to one of the bigger hotels with a bigger pool?

Thanks

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

Must state that I've never stayed there.

The hotel website states that it is built north to south. Theoretically if the pool is on the south facing side it should enjoy the sun for most of the day.

Perhaps best to contact them directly for clarification.

For reviews:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189117-d5895…

Edited: 14 March 2012, 13:56
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This hotel has good reviews, I will contact them directly.

Jill

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

We stayed here in September last year. It is a very small pool but alright for cooling off. There is always some parts of the pool in the sun. The loungers too, but if you want to be on a lounger in the sun all day, you will have to move around a little on the loungers. When we stayed there this was possible because we were the only ones there.

We really loved Casa da Moura. The breakfast was the best we ever had. Eggs to order, pastries, breads, cheeses, fruit, chocolate cake, etc.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

Hi Dutchfemale.

That's as I thought, but as I have never stayed there I didn't want mislead the original poster.

Would it be correct to say that the pool is a 'plunge pool' and not so much for swimming? How big is it? To my eye it looks little more than twenty feet long and around ten feet wide. Is that a fair estimate?

When you say that some parts of the pool are always in the sun, would you say that this is most of the pool and most of the day? I ask this because according the photographs on the website the pool is directly bordered by a wall and the hotel building.

I'm sure that the OP would find your further advise extremely welcome.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 18:20
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

Don't know the measurements in feet. We calculate in meters lol. I think about 7 by 4 meters or something like that. So plunging yes, swimming just a few strokes. I think most of the pool is in the sun for most of the day. We had the apartment right above the pool and our balcony was in the sun all day.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

Thanks Dutchfemale, we will probably go to the beach of a day, I just thought it would be nice to maybe have a'dip' in the pool and a lounge around the pool when we return, before we get ready to go out of an evening.

Thanks 'MoreCheeseGromit' also :)

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

This is what we did too. Go to the beach during the day. Stay until 3 or 4 and then go back to the apartment and either have a dip in the pool or sit on the balcony. The poolarea is really quiet so it would have been a bit boring for me to stay there all day.

On the day we left we had to leave at about 3 so we stayed by the pool in the morning after breakfast, went for lunch in town and then came back to take the transfer to the airport.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

there is an interesting night club near the hotel

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

Don't tell me you've been to the phoenix paul!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Da Moura Hotel

cant remember the name it was dark, but a contributer must investigate all aspects of a resort. ;-)

Edited: 20 March 2012, 09:58