We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas

Leeds
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas

We are visiting over Christmas. Any ideas what to do? Also what to wear!!?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas

Also what to wear!!?

It will be warmer than Leeds but it might be raining and it can get quite windy down that end, so bring something suitable on both counts.

As for what do to, there won't be a great deal to be honest. We have a TA expert living down that way so all being well you will get something specific soon.

Leeds
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas

Thank you. Look forward to any further info.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas

If you like, have a look at this link: http://www.visitalgarve.pt/#

Under 'downloads' you will find the monthly program for the Algarve, incl. Lagos.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
308 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas

This is the Christmas page from the Camara site. It may add some things to FTHW's link above You will have to run it through a translator though!

cm-lagos.pt/portal_autarquico/lagos/v_pt-PT/…

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas

depends how long you are staying.

check the webcams because it could be cloudy in Lagos yet sunny half an hour away in Sagres.

if bad weather is set in Seville is worth a trip with an overnight stay, or Lisbon

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas

This year ill be our 4th Xmas period visit to Lagos.Weather can be hit/miss but I have worn t shirt /shorts during the day but you do need light coat in the evening, there is some rain but no too much.

Depends what you mean about things to do? We go to chill, meet the friends we have made over the last 4 years, and of course drink one or two scoops as well!

Mot places are open and New Years eve is great in the town centre, and hopefully there will be the usual firework displat at midnight, although people on here are saying the local council have no money so maybe no fireworks!

Whatever if it is your first visit to Lagos, you will enjoy it and be back for more! Some great bas to visit, all depends on your age and what you are looking for?

Leeds
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas

Thanks for your reply. It will be my first time. You make it sound very appealing. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy Christmas and New Year.

Leeds
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas

Thank you for all ideas.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
308 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas

Here are some photos I took, mostly from around Dec 2008, pre cutbacks. In more recent years there hasn't been as much lighting I think. Happy Christmas and enjoy your trip. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pxil/

Leeds
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas

Thank you for the photos. Only just got chance to look at them. Looks great.