We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

Hi,

My wife and I will be spending 4 or 5 nights in Lagos at the end of June, before heading to Tavira for another 4 or 5 nights. I've read about a million threads on these fabulous forum pages regarding accommodation options, but I'm still a bit confused - our first trip to Portugal.....

Anyway, can you suggest an apartment, in a nice area not too far from bars, restaurants, beach in Lagos please? I have been looking at Apartamentos Turisticos Marsol and Sollagos Apartamentos Turisticos on Trip advisor - has anyone stayed there, or have an opinion on these places? The prices and reviews are pretty good.

What do you think? Or, can you recommend something, somewhere else that may be more suitable. Your advice will be most definitely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

Both places are on/ just off the main road leading north out of Lagos.

Sollagos

Nearest beach - Dona Ana - 550m

Town Centre - 750m

Marsol

Nearest beach - Dona Ana - 1km

Town Centre - 800m

Distances are approximate and "as the crown the flies".

In both cases the walk to the town centre is quite steep.

Edited: 08 February 2013, 14:23
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

Hi have a look at owners direct web page lots of villas and apartments to rent if you stay near the town you can walk to all the lovely beaches

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

"Distances are approximate and "as the crown the flies".

That being distances calculated for Her Majesty the Queen. What I should have typed is "as the crow flies". Silly me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

Thanks so much for the responses......

Looks like I have found a place in R. Dr. João De Deus, Lagos - a one bed apartment that from all reports is a short walk to the Old Town and Marina...looks pretty good and is a great price.

Now my quandary is whether to stay in this place in Lagos for 8 days and do day trips across the Algarve with a hire car, or do 4 days in Lagos and 4 days in Tavira...

Any thoughts on that?

And I let the "as the crown flies" pass without comment - haha !

Thanks in advance

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

first time in Portugal just chill in Lagos, if you like it you will return

6. Re: Accommodation/Villas in Lagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 05:17