We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

I have booked a holiday at the Sol Lagos Apartments in Lagos and have just been informed that there is building work going on in the apartments opposite, The Aqua Luz Apartments. The letter says there are cement mixers, drills and diggers on site.Can anyone tell me the extent of these works as I am now very concerned. I booked this holiday via Thomson in December and have been really looking forward to it. I have just been told about the works and am due to fly out next week. Should I cancel? Thomson (who I have always praised in the past) have basically said take it or leave it. If I want to move to another accommodation and it is more expensive then I will have to pay extra.

Edinburgh
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

I am quite concerned now also. We are due to stay at the Sol Lagos Apartments in early July. We have not heard anything about these works. Does anybody elso know about this situation?

Lagos Portugal
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Sorry ladya if I am a bit late in letting you know the situation re Sol Lagos. I live around the corner and can confirm that there is major construction work going on at the Aqua Luz Appartments with mixers drills diggers and a great big crane on site and the works don't look to be finished for quite some time.

Sorry to give you this news as it is a lovely area to stay. I hope you get sorted out and enjoy your stay in Lagos.

Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Hi Can anyone who as just come back from Sol Logos please let me know what the situation is, I am going out early Aug. Many thanks

Darlington, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

anniemc ..and anyone else interested

Just back from Lagos late last night... walked past Sol Lagos/Aqua Luz a couple of times and it is a HUGE construction site with 2 massive cranes. We've been to Lagos lots of times and although we've not stayed at either of them, the current Aqua Luz building site looks a lot bigger than I thought the complex was before - it looks like buildings on either side have been demolsihed and they are re-building/expanding. Sol Lagos is quite small and just across a side road so will seem completely overwhelmed by building works/cranes etc.

I would guess that how much of a disruption it would be depends on what your daily routine would be - I suspect the noise might start quite early in the morning, go off for a couple of hours lunch/siesta time and then start again.

Basically I wouldn't fancy saying there at the moment. But if you're going with Thomsons why not push them to switch you to Vilabranca which is only 5/10 minutes walk further up the road and is fabulous !!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Hi Joanne

Many thanks for checking this out & replying. I think I will now contact Thomsons and ask for a change. We choose the Sol Lagos because they are very quite!! Will keep you posted. Again many thanks. Anniemc

Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Hi

I have been checking my rights on this and for Ladya and anyone else who booked for these apartment the following advice may be useful as Thomson is a member of ABTA

2.5 Where a Principal becomes aware or ought reasonable to have become aware of building works which may reasonably be considered to seriously impair the enjoyment of Travel Arrangements he must, without any undue delay, notify Clients of the situation, provide them with accurate information about the extent of the building works and offer them the opportunity to transfer to alternative Travel Arrangements of the same or higher standard, at the price of the original Travel Arrangements. Where the alternative constitutes a significant alteration to the Travel Arrangements in line with Clause 2.2 of this Code, the provisions of that clause are to be followed. Furthermore, he must ensure that all the prospective Clients are alerted to the situation.

I am emailing them now and will keep you posted on progress.

England
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

i have booked for the via don ana apts wonder if anyone knows if they are near the building work ,thanks

Darlington, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Gary01

No you're OK . Via Don Ana apartments are a good 5 minute walk further up the hill, so you might see a crane in the distance but you won't hear any noise...

uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Thank you all for your responses. I have just returned from my holiday today and had a lovely time. Unfortunately I had to change to Spain as Thomson could not offer any alternative at such short notice. The holiday we had was not the one we would have chosen but we made the most of it. I think that I made the right choice in cancelling as the work sounds as though it would have seriously have affected our holiday. We booked the Sol Lagos initially for peace and quiet but I dont think we would have found it there at this time. I hope to go Lagos another time. I am so disappointed in Thomson as they must have been aware of this for some time and left it to one week before departure to notify me. I also had to find my other holiday myself and pay extra however I will take this up with them now that I am back. At least I have able to raise awareness of the situation. Have a lovely holiday to all of you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Lagos apartments-Lagos

Hi Ladya

Thanks for letting us know hoe you got on. Glad you had a good holiday in spite of thomson!

I still have not had a reply to my email to them.

I also found out that Thomson actually us the Aqua Luz so they would have know early on about the building work!

Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations