We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos or Nerja?

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashby-de-la-Zouch...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Lagos or Nerja?

Please help, we would like to go away at the start of May to Lagos or Nerja. We like pretty old towns, with enough in the area to see and do, nice beaches and walks, and I am also wondering which would be the warmest in may? Many thanks!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

Hi lagos and nerja lovely resorts went to nerja December going to lagos July we had warmer weather in nerja December than lagos I think mainland Spain will be warmer

Dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

We regularly travel to nerja and also to the Quinta do lago area of the algarve. I have only been in lagos for day trips over the years but really liked it. I love nerja for it's charm & beautiful scenery, lots of bars and restaurants. The old town retains that Spanish feel that some towns on the costa del sol have lost. But in my opinion you cannot beat the algarve for beaches especially those in the Lagos area. The beach in nerja is more pebbles and shingle rather than the sandy algarve beaches. Weatherwise, I would always find nerja to be warmer in may but I don't think you can wrong whichever you choose! I'm sure you will enjoy both!

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

re above post Burriana beach in Nerja is a fabulous sandy beach with the added attraction of the giant Paellas cooked on the beach

Dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

We love burriana beach but i would not really describe it as a sandy beach as in having pure soft sand, it is a little more gritty, but as i said we still really love it as the surroundings make up for it and the atmosphere is great. We have an apartment just above burriana beach so spend a lot of time there.

gloucestershire
Level Contributor
241 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

We absolutely love Nerja, were there last year and the year before ! Nerja has that Spanish feel with lots of great restaurants and bars and great scenery but agree the beaches are more shingly and not sandy. Havent been to Lagos yet, coming later on this year, looking forward to the nice sandy beaches i have heard about. I am pretty sure that Nerja will be warmer than Lagos

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

We went to Nerja once and regretted missing Portugal that year.

No comparison with Lagos for beaches , food superior. Apart from one fantastic tapas bar in Nerja.

lincoln
Level Contributor
664 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

No contest -Lagos by a mile. Nerja will probably be warmer but beaches,town and restaurants far superior in my opinion.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

Hi

I was at both places last year for the first time!

Nerja has a great vibe with a friendly community feel to it, we got chatting to lots of interesting people. It has great tapas bars and really great quality meal deals, say €9.99 for 3 courses. It also has lots of nice boutique shops. However, the beaches in the old town weren't great, they were very small, smelly and had people camping nearby. The more touristy side has a nice beach but still only long enough for about a half hour walk and you have to go down about 100 steps to get to it! I highly recommend getting the bus to Frigilani which is a nearby town, the most beautiful town I have seen!

Lagos has much nicer beaches, lots of choice for long walks. It is also a lovely old town with good restaurants, but has fewer nice shops and a different vibe than Lagos, possibly as it is bigger. There is a challenging coastal walk to Praia de Luz.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
143 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

Nerja & Lagos are our two favourite places, they are both beautiful and both retain the charm of a small place yet both have so much to do and see, both have fab places to eat and drink, lovely walks and we have had fab weather at both places in May, recently have visited Lagos more, as went to Nerja quite a few times have spent a fab new year there although they do say Lagos also fab for new year, but feel the need to go back to Nerja soon, after spending a few days in Lagos later on in April. You will enjoy which ever one you choose but which ever one you go to do try the other one when you can, for both places I would suggest to stay close to the centre.

10. Re: Lagos or Nerja?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 05:15