We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patio Do Convento

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Patio Do Convento

Hi we are thinking of staying in patio do convento in August - any opinions please? Anyone stayed here? Is it nice? Does pool area get packed? We are looking at a 3 bed. Travelling with young children so want to be close to shops and restaurants - we've never been to Lagos - have stayed in Vilamoura the last few holidays so looking forward to a change. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patio Do Convento

The apartments are centrally located just behind the bus station and within 15 minutes walk to the town beach. Nearest supermarket pingo dolce 5 mins walk. The apartments are of good standard, most fitted with air con. Just check. I personally would say like any hotel/apartment July and August always busy. Pool is the same depth no shallow end, but clean and tidy. Small clean play area for younger children to keep them occupied. Sun loungers on a first come basis but no sun brollies but you can find shady areas. Would suggest a ground floor apartnent pool facing which would in my opinion be easier for the kids nipping in and out. If you require any more info either PM or post your question on forum. Enjoy

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Patio Do Convento

On the plus side the pool area is gated with an access code, so you should only have residents around the pool. However, there's no getting away from the fact that the the pool will be on the busy side in August (just like anywhere on the Algarve).

As jacksprat says, a poolside apartment may best suit, although you'll be extremely lucky to have any choice at this late stage. Please note that blocks 1 and 2 do NOT have poolside access.

glenrothes
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patio Do Convento

my wife and i stayed in this complex last september have to say first class great location 5 mins to supermarket great cafe across the road called fresco flat walk into main restaurant area bus and train station nearby.

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
444 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patio Do Convento

Am I correct in thinking that these apartments are very close to Quintas das Palmerias where we stayed last year?

london
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patio Do Convento

yes its the yellow block next door .

6. Re: Patio Do Convento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:15