We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

wirral
Level Contributor
171 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

hi

Trying to book somewhere for next year. Never been to Portugal so unsure which location would be best for us. We are a family of 5 with a 10, 16 and 17 year old. We like to visit places by car but also of an evening go for a nice walk to a restaurant, shops etc when we can leave the car behind. Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

choose Lagos it is a proper town with lots of restaurants and you will enjoy walking around the streets on an evening, shops stay open while late.

Street entertainment

Also great beaches and a marina ,not enough in any other towns for the children other than Albufeira

wirral
Level Contributor
171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

Thank you for your reply. Do you know any good family apartments not too far out of town. I think the vila mos may be too far out to walk of an evening.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

yes Vila mos is a thirty minute walk to the edge of town and probably an hour to the marina.

I suggest you visit owners direct and look for an apartment at the marina ,make sure you are actually in the marina .

you should get a pool pass for the marina hotel which the children will love.

Its a great spot nice easy walk into town and 1 min drive to meia praia beach or 15-20 min walk.

ideal place for your first visit

wirral
Level Contributor
171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

Thanks so much will have a look. Don't want to be out in the sticks in the evening.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

we have stayed at porto mos many times and its a pleasant walk into town if it isnt too hot, and a 5euro taxi back.

having said that for first time the marina area is ideal.

wirral
Level Contributor
171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

Thank you

Lancashire
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

For value for money, location, size of apartments (2 bedroomed ones are HUGE) , friendliness of staff, the Vilabranca takes some beating

Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

Naturally on the Lagos forum you will get more people leaning towards the Lagos option. Don't get me wrong - Lagos is beautiful, although I've only visited for a short time while staying in Alvor, but so is Alvor and for me it's definitely worth considering.

I'd imagine if you post this on the Alvor forum as well you might get a different response on that forum than this one.

Either way I'm sure you will love the area and have a great holiday.

wirral
Level Contributor
171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

Thanks for your great replies. It's a nightmare booking holiday I'll be glad when it's sorted. One of the main things is having somewhere to walk to in the evenings as don't want to feel too far away from it all.

wirral
Level Contributor
171 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: alvorferias apartments or vila mos apartments lagos

hi there

just had a look at these apartments and they do look lovely. Just wondering if there are places to walk to of an evening. How far are they from the town/village.

Thanks you