We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good idea

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a good idea

Single male planning to turn up in Lagos mid October for 14 days without having anywhere booked to stay before hand. Will be looking for cheap, clean hotel or B&B. Any ideas? Should I head for the Tourist Info office to find accommodation? Any bad days to arrive, when things might be shut? Thanks

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good idea

Tourist Info Office????

There was one once, but even our local council don't know what they have done with!! ;)))

You should be OK in mid-October provided you don't arrive to late.

We are usually open 24/7 except xmas and new year's day.

What's you daily budget??? Maybe I can suggest something.

Guildford, Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good idea

Thanks, bottom end of the price range - whatever that is!

Guildford, Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good idea

Well Monarch are offering 14 nights B&B at the Montemar Hotel including flights (but not transfers) for £468. Is this Hotel well located?

liverpool
Level Contributor
118 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good idea

This hotel is in a reasonable position - 15 mins walk into centre (or bus stop ouside). Back from town is a bit uphill but taxi (plenty) will be about 4 euros. Easy to get to the beaches just west of Lagos. General feedback on hotel seems ok.

Single room? If so price looks a little high, but not if you are travelling atsame time of UK half term. Easy to get buses to Luz, Burgau, Salema etc from outside hotel (as it's near main road). If you need direct transfer then Yellowfish are great and will be 70 euros each way (45 mins), but a shuttle will be prob 20 euros (but will take 1.5hrs). Or you can go into Faro city and get train (takes forever). Go shuttle if budget tight - can't recommend any as not used but google or look at this forum. Have a great trip!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a good idea

Bazpool is correct!

The Montemar is not the most flash nor the most stunning, but we have put people in there when we have organised events here in Lagos.

However, I do think the price for this hotel+flight for mid-October is a bit on the high side, as transfers are not included..

Guildford, Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this a good idea

Just found exactly the same deal but with EasyJet for £100 less! So I'm thinking I might not save much buying flights only & hunting around on arrival?

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this a good idea

I would concur.

I thought the Monarch deal was a bit pricey!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this a good idea

put yr dates in the hotel search at the top of the page

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this a good idea

With single rooms, I think its now always cheaper in the off-season to book hotels separately online -TA / ,Booking .com etc.(Unless there is a special offer with no single supplement.)

Edited: 13 September 2013, 11:47
10. Re: Is this a good idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:17