We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa rental.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Villa rental.

We are planning on going to Lagos in summer 2014 and are planning on renting a villa but have no idea of what area to look at.

We would like to be able to walk to the beach, bars / restaurants and the town at night. Any information you could provide to help us decide would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Villa rental.

Thanks for your reply's everyone.

The main reason we are interested in a heated pool is that there is a possibility that we might travel at the end of May / start of June, but thanks for your concerns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
4,997 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Villa rental.

Hmmm!

Not sure you will find many villas with heated pools and if you do they will be pricey.

However,just done a 10sec search on google with these seach terms "villa heated pool lagos algarve"

and come up with this:

algarvevillarentals.biz/location/…

Don't know them. However, no local Portuguese Address nor phone number.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Villa rental.

Thanks barlaventoexpert,

I have also been searching and have found Villa "Quinta Vista Alta" on Premier Villas web site, do you know or would be able to recommend this company and if it's not too much trouble could you have a quick look and let me know what you think of this area bearing in my original criteria..

Thanks very much in advance.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
4,997 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Villa rental.

Yogi-No. 1, (Does that refer to your spiritual side or THE BEAR?)

QUINTA VISTA ALTA is on a hillside in Albadeira. Its about 800m from where I am writing this.

Via the dirt track, Meia Praia Beach is about 800m - 1km from the house DOWNHILL.

Coming back from the beach, on a hot summer afternoon (and this is important), it is a steady gentle walk UPHILL all the way. (Either way, if you do rent there, you may run into my friend "Hugo", a great big soppy friendly brown "retriever/labby/? mix" who hangs out at the beach end of the "dirt track" where his carers live! Watch out, he works the tourists in summer with the "I a poor unfed unloved starving puppy" scam!!!!!)

As regards going into town, it is about 1 km as the site said.

Walking downhill into town is no problem, but coming back one has one steep hill and a narrow bit of road to negotiate BUT many folk do it. However, one can usually, perhaps with a bit of a wait, get taxis back from the main taxi rank at Portas do Portugal on the Avenida.

All in all, I would say that it is at the outer edge of your criteria BUT given your specifications probably one of the best you are going to find.

I don't personally know Premier Villas but I do know they have been around for several years. They are a UK outfit. I am not sure who is their local agent, if they have one, nor whether they are ABTA covered.

Their address is here: http://www.premiervillas.net/contact.php

One thing that concerns me is that there is no name or limited company name. All the details on the ownership of the domain name have been hidden under a "privacy" clause when using a "whois" search.

However, they do appear to have a good number of likes on their facebook page.

https://pt-pt.facebook.com/PremierVillas

Hope this helps.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Villa rental.

Thanks again barlaventoexpert, what an excellent reply.

It looks like this area and probably villa will suit our needs, with the beach, marina and town only a short distance / walk away.

We should all be ok with the uphill walk on the way back from the beach and marina and as you have pointed out we could get a taxi back from town.

Thanks once again and we look forward to meeting Hugo.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
4,997 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Villa rental.

A pleasure!

If you do meet the hound ignore his "tourist scam"!! ;)))

Mugshot here: https:/…

17. Re: Villa rental.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 13:35
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Villa rental.

My husband and I along with my sister and niece just booked our stay to beautiful Lagos and I will be on the look out for this beautiful pooch! I am a sucker for the big "I am a poor starving dog face". Many of animals on my travels have enjoyed some fine cuisine over the years :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Villa rental.

My husband and I along with my sister and niece just booked our stay to beautiful Lagos and I will be on the look out for this beautiful pooch! I am a sucker for the big "I am a poor starving dog face". Many of animals on my travels have enjoyed some fine cuisine over the years :)

vilamoura
2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Villa rental.

Premier Villas are in big trouble;they have changed their land line number and do not return phone calls or emails. They failed to pay me for 3 weeks rental last Summer and I am currently looking into legal options to recover this money.