We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for beach bars on the beach. I've tried Sao Roque, Bahia, and Linda and looking for a change. Berlim, Quim, and Por do Sol have been recommended but I can't find them anywhere on the maps. The question is, where exactly are they? Also, are there any other bars and/restaurants I should be looking at?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

They are all there but probably because they are not net savvy markers have not been put on online maps.

Even when they do , the markers arr usually off by a few hundred metres.

Cafe Berlim is half way along Meia Praia. Bar Quim and Por da Sol are at the far end of the Meia Praia road on the beach just beyond Meia Praia International Train Station ;),

You should also have a look at the all new Gaivota Branca which is now the nicest finished Restaurant along Meia Praia Beach. Haven't eaten there yet but have had a gander in and it is definitely upmarket.

Its 300 metres beyond the petrol station on the right.

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

Thanks a lot barlaventoexpert. I've found Gaivota and will definitely give it a visit.

Are Quim and Por da Sol right next to each other? The last two at the end of the estrada by the little traffic island and a restaurant called Jardim?

What is the nearest land mark to Berlim?

Sorry to be a pest! Thanks again.

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

Can anyone help? Please.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

I have already explained where the Berlim and Quim and Por da Sol are.

They are not marked on google or bing maps so one needs to just chill out and use one's nose.

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

I was simply trying to clarify, so there's no need to be rude. I don't know that part of town very well. Thanks anyway.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

Porta do Sol is the very last beach bar, and adjoined to it is Bar Quim.

They are about half way along the beach (so last chance for refreshment if walking to the end). They are very close to Meia Praia station and the turnaround at the end of the road (the road does actually go further but you'll know what I mean when you see it), and end of the bus route.

Bar Quim is our favourite beach bar (good food, unconventional service, friendly regular clientele), but we also like Bahia. We haven't tried the new one yet.

Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

Sorry for not thanking you sooner fletch535. That information is very helpful.

8. Re: Beach bars and restaurants on Meia Praia? Confused!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations