We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol lagos appartments

durham
1 post
Save Topic
sol lagos appartments

me and my partner are due to stay at the sol lagos apartment at the end of Agust and have been informed that their is building works go on near by can anyone inform us if the building works are still contining and maybe when they are due to be finished.is it worth as for a chanage of accomidation.

Lagos Portugal
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sol lagos appartments

The building works are definately still going on, sometimes till 10pm with cranes moving at 9pm such as they were on Tuesday night when I walked past the site. There is still a long way to go till the works are finished by the looks of it.

Please also see previous comments "sol lagos appartments" for "ladya" dated 12th July

Hope this helps you make an informed decision. If you have any further queries let me know as I actually live not far away and shop at the little minimarket next to the site daily

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sol lagos appartments

hi thanks for that information it was very helpful could you please give us any information on the dinis villas as we are unable to find any reviews on this place,We are wanting to change our appartments do you have any recomendations for the area you live?

Kind Regards

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sol lagos appartments

hi thanks for that information it was very helpful could you please give us any information on the dinis villas as we are unable to find any reviews on this place,We are wanting to change our appartments do you have any recomendations for the area you live?

Kind Regards

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sol lagos appartments

vwmad,

Are you on a package and therefore restricted to properties used by your tour operator or are you in a position to choose your own accommodation?If the latter, do you have any preferences i.e. hotel, apartment ?

uk
Level Contributor
546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sol lagos appartments

Just wondered if you were you informed of the construction work by Thomson?

My husband and I are due to go for 2 weeks from 7th September - doesn't sound as though it'll be over by then - thinking of chasing Thomson for some alternatives - we haven't heard anything from them so far.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sol lagos appartments

hi we got a letter from thomson about 2 weeks ago, we are flying out on the 27th august.

after reading the post on this and other websites in does not look like the work will be finished by the time we fly out.

As we dont want to be spending our holiday next to a building site i phoned thomson's this week to discuss our options which are as follows:

1 full refund

With only 4 wks remaining before we fly, i found it impossible to get a holiday that matched our exact needs especially as the time we chosen is the last wk of the summer holidays(hence booking in march).

2 exchange the holiday for another at march's prices when we booked unfortunately thompson did not have anything available in Lagos for the dates we chose unless we wanted to pay another £90 each though they did have plenty of accomadation in pria de rocha & albefiera which are not in anyway like lagos.

3 continue with original plan and stay at the sol lagos apartments.

we eventually agreed to exchange our holiday for one in alvor for the same money mainly because i was tired of arguing with thomson and my partner just wanted it sorting i will never use this company again, the customer service was appaling.

as we had booked over the net and had already paid , the attitude was well we informed you about the building work before you have gone and if you dont want to go we will give you a refund.

i pointed out to thomson that they are still selling these apartments for couples who want a qiuet holiday with no mention of possible building works on the web page, this is appaling as poeple will be late booking these apartments now for august only to be informed a wk or so before they go that 'some building works have over run on the hotel oppsite'

uk
Level Contributor
546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sol lagos appartments

thanks for the info -sorry you've had to settle for 2nd best - doesn't it make you mad that you book early and then end up taking a late deal - if the work started in May why can't they tell you then - I know they'd probably have expected the work to be finished but at least you'd be prepared a litle earlier! I read on an earlier posting that Thomson also use the apartments that are being extended, so they can hardly deny knowledge of the work, can they?

Bearing in mind your comments about their customer service (and I have to admit I'd always rated Thomson in the past) I plan to go in to the Thomson shop this morning where I booked the apartments back in January and get them to organise a refund - don't see why I should pay the phone bill and they can do the work.

We can be a little flexible with the dates and will probably book something else through another agent - the only way to hit them is to take your money and custom elsewhere.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sol lagos appartments

emgee,

Do you have access to "no-frills" flights from your local airport ? If so, it's simplicity itself to put together your own holiday to Lagos(and save a fortune)- we've been doing it for years and would be happy to advise if you need any help.

uk
Level Contributor
546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sol lagos appartments

Sagres - thanks for the idea - think there are a couple of easyjet type airlines that fly out of Manchester, so may give it a try. Didn't have access to the pc in January when I booked the package at Sol Lagos.

For anyone else that's booked into these apartments, the travel advisor at Thomson shop this morning phoned the office to be told that they expect the work to be completed by end of August (I did remind her that it was due to be completed in June, too) so our options are zero at the moment. They did wonder how we knew the work was in progress and we simply said we knew other people who had been caught up in the saga. The shop suggested we change our accommodation 'just in case' but we've agreed to give it another week to see if we hear anything from them. Given that the couple who were scheduled to go on 27th August had a letter two weeks ago, I made it clear that we were not happy at having to wait much longer.

To be honest, for the same money, they were offering 2 weeks in Cuba in September all inclusive so we're very tempted to cancel if we get the opportunity.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sol lagos appartments

emgee,

Jet2.com fly Faro from Manchester and EasyJet from Liverpool.

However, if you do decide to go it alone,if I were you I'd ask Thomson if you can hang onto the flights and at what price (having carefully checked the "no-frills"airlines' fares beforehand.) I can let you have contact details for accommodation and airport transfers if it helps.

Good luck - hope it all works out for you.