We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distances

cheshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Walking distances

Hi, I have some fit 80 year olds coming to Lagos. They are looking at a apartment near the mcdonalds up past the Marina. Think they are called las verandas San jao. On it's details it's says it is a 10 min walk to the town and 5 mins to the Marina. I think it could be longer than that. I would say from the appt to the main square is about 25mins. Can anyone else advise bearing in mind there age.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distances

It depends what one defines as "town"!

I would reckon it would take at least 20 minutes at a fast pace to walk from Verandas São João for someone who is reasonably fit like me.

The Marina is at least 15 minutes walk via the pedestrian bridge.

The good news is that most of the walk is flat with just the short climb up and down to Verandas São João from Mac and Dons!

cheshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distances

Thanks that is good news will tell them

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distances

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my estimate was on the basis of walking to Portas do Portugal where the taxis, PT and the Post Office are.

That's what I consider the centre of Lagos.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Walking distances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:19