We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food prices

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Food prices

Hiya, we are going to Lagos next week and have never been before I have a family of 5 (two children and a toddler) and we are self catering so I wanted to know roughly how much eating out cost, is it cheaper or more expensive than the prices for eating out (obviously I know it is restaurant dependant)

Thank you

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,555 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food prices

Food in the shops is mostly a little less expensive than in the UK, especially fresh fruit and veg. But we have VAT on food here, up to 23% for processed and pre packaged items, including sweets, fizzy drinks etc, so some of them will be more expensive.

You can eat in McDonald's for 5 euros, there are many places that do a set meal type lunch or dinner for 8 or 9 Euros including a drink and you will find a lot of places that will offer child portions at a lower cost.

If you budget as you would for a week in the UK you should have a bit left over on the last day for a bit of a treat.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food prices

Which area of Lagos are you staying in?

Prices vary from Intermarche (pricey) to Pingo's (reasonable)!

If you go to some of the cheap and cheerful's like the Adega da Marina ( tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g189117-d1… ) or Churrasqueira Frangos de S. Joao (see: tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189117-… )

you should be able to eat for 7.50€ a head.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 11:08
3. Re: Food prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:17