We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pool umbrellas

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pool umbrellas

This may sound like a strange question, however my husband and I are looking at a few private apartments to rent in and around Lagos, but bizarrely we have been unable to proceed as they do not provide umbrellas for the pool (although they do provide sunbeds!). Unfortunately due to a skin condition I always need shade although this hasnt extinguished my love of travel.

Having rented a number of private holiday lets for our holidays over the world, this is a first we have encountered and was wondering whether we would be able to purchase one anywhere? I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,962 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pool umbrellas

You can buy them in the larger supermarkets and DIY type stores.

One of the forum experts lives in Lagos and I am sure he can recommend which one.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pool umbrellas

When are you coming? In high season you also see the (many) Chinese shops selling them.

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pool umbrellas

It would be middle of may probably. Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pool umbrellas

The only problem is fixing an umberella so it stands up at the pool.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pool umbrellas

dp

Edited: 10 April 2014, 12:00
Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pool umbrellas

Hi, just seen this.

Am on the metro in Lisbon

Will reply later

Sunderland
Level Contributor
946 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pool umbrellas

Have you contacted the owners of any of the properties you are interested in to check if they provide a pool umbrella?

We've rented a few different places and whilst there's always been a pool brolly in the apartment/house when we got there, they were not always mentioned in the list of facilities/equipment on the booking site.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: pool umbrellas

Umbrellas (and possibly water-filled bases) are likely to be available in larger supermarkets and Chinese shops. However they are mainly intended for beach use and probably will be smaller and less robust than you might wish. You'll get a slightly better choice from the DIY sheds - there are a few on the road from Faro Airport to the A22.

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pool umbrellas

Yes I asked. Only one has offerd to provide one. Thinking I may have to book with that one! Thanks so much for all your replies, its appreciated as a back up plan as have to have a brolly sadly :-)

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pool umbrellas

The reasons many rental apartments and villas do not provide pool umbellas is because:

1) The Lagos can be very windy and umbrellas are regularly destroyed.

2) Abuse of umbrellas by patrons. The umbrella attrition rate is very high and many operators consider it uneconomic.

The best place to have a look for pool umbrellas will be at IZI 3km out of Lagos in the N125 on the road to Odeaxere. Conitnente Modelo may also have them in stock by the time you arrive.

Chinese shops are likely to only stock cheap quality product.