We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building work in Progress

uk
Level Contributor
540 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Building work in Progress

Anyone been to Lagos recently that could update me with the situation regarding Sol Lagos studios - need to get my holiday sorted this week, whether a change of accommodation or destination depends on what's happening at the Aqua Luz Apartments.

Help greatly appreciated

Lagos Portugal
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Building work in Progress

We passed by there last night on a walk into town, the Aqua Luz is still a major building site although the workers seemed to be in their cabins so probably work had stopped for the day, this was about 9.30pm and it is a Bank Holiday here today i.e. Tuesday.

I hope that you have a great holiday, and hope its still in Lagos as its a good town.

If you need any other infor let me know as I live just 5 minutes walk away.

uk
Level Contributor
540 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building work in Progress

Thank you for your quick response, SunnyLagos - appreciate it very much.

Heard a lot about Lagos and it's all been very positive from people who have spent several holidays there - you are lucky to live in such a nice place.

Still undecided - when we last spoke with Thomson Holidays they said the work was scheduled to be complete by the end of August which is why they hadn't told us anything about it.

Having booked in January, I really don't think we should be kept waiting until the week before we leave to be told whether or not we can cancel / change accommodation / resort.

Thanks again.

uk
Level Contributor
540 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building work in Progress

Hi everyone - just to let you and anyone else who's thinking of booking the Sol Lagos studios that we have finally managed to get a full refund from Thomson. Wasn't easy - took some determination and patience but if you are going before 10th Sept, I'd suggest you do the same, it's clear the building work won't be completed at the Aqua Luz before then, even though the schedule is now for the end of August.

We were led to believe that Thomson had 'done us a favour' by granting the refund ''free of charge'' ! They could go on the Palladium with comments like that - they've had £350 since January, the balance since June and we were expected to be very grateful that they were cancelling our holiday!

Came out of the Thomson shop, straight over to First Choice and got 2 weeks 4* Cayo coco for the web price with Eclipse Direct! Total holiday cost only £200 more for 2weeks all inclusive against a studio for 2 self catering.

Will go to Lagos in the future, won't book with Thomson again until I am convinced they've got their customer service sorted.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building work in Progress

i totally agree i had the same experience with them, customer services totally unhelpful unfortunately due to circumstances we are still going to portugal with thomson but not to the sol lagos apartments.

i to will never book with this company again unless as you say thier customer services improve.

regards,

a.swindon

uk
Level Contributor
540 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building work in Progress

Hey - guess what, the Sol Lagos apartments are on offer with Thomson, leaving Manchester 7th September for £435 per person!

No mention pf building work - so be aware - that's the holiday I've just cancelled!

uk
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building work in Progress

Thomson have just announced that they are closing a call centre in Scotland due to reduced numbers of customers using this service. It does not surprise me in the least as their customer service has seriously deteriorated in recent times. I have travelled with them for years and we go abroad 3 times per year. Due to the disgusting handling of the Sollagos /Aqua Luz debacle I will never travel with them again. I am still trying to reclaim the additional expense incurred when I had to find my own alternative accommodation at short notice. They notified me exactly one week before departure of the building works, obviously hoping that I would just accept it and go anyway. I have taken the case to ABTA but Thomson continue to say they transferred me free of charge-big deal eh? I will continue to fight this but in the mean time I have booked my next holiday for September with First Choice.

England
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Building work in Progress

I was just wondering if anyone has an update on the building work near the Sol Lagos studios? My parents have just booked to go there in October for a well deserved break and I would hate them to be greeted with diggers and noise at all hours.

Any news would be greatly appreciated.

8. Re: Building work in Progress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations