We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling From Faro to Lagos.

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling From Faro to Lagos.

Hey i'm acctually going to Lagos in about 4 days and i was looking at the Eurail Scheduele to see if there were train times from Faro to Lagos, but there are none! So i'm wondering if the Eurail pass even applies for train rides from Faro to Lagos first of all, and if not...how much would it be to bus there? Thanks!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,937 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling From Faro to Lagos.

There are trains between Faro and Lagos about every two hours. Take a look at my unofficial website www.algarvebus.info for some details about trains and buses in the Algarve.

The official Portuguese Railway website is at www.cp.pt where you can download full timetables

Eurail passes are valid; I met with a guy from Toronto who was using his to do local trips.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling From Faro to Lagos.

You only have to see the number of backpackers in Lagos to realise Eurail passes must be valid. Many trek there as it's about as far west as you can get by train in Europe.

There are buses but they cost more than the train and are far less fun.

From Lagos, you can get an EVA ("Linho do Infante") bus to Cabo Sao Vicente if you feel the need to tick that box, but the places you pass through on the way are much more interesting than Sagres or CSV itself.

3. Re: Travelling From Faro to Lagos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 06:27