We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loule, Portugal

Berkshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Loule, Portugal

Anyone have any advice on hotels in Loule, Portugal or Alte in Portugal.

Reccomendations would be helpful

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loule, Portugal

Try this one for Alte, people I know stayed there and liked it.

http://www.altehotel.com/uk/homepage.html

Sorry cannot help with Loule as I have never stayed there but I found this one easily enough through Google

www.loulejardimhotel.com/uk/default.asp…

England
Level Contributor
129 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loule, Portugal

This may be too late for you now but I only just saw your posting. We stayed at the Loule Jardim and loved it. The staff were incredibly helpful and the hotel was very comfortable. It was just before Christmas and very atmospheric. We paid a few Euros more for a room on the top floor and it was well worth it - huge balcony. Everything about the hotel was fine save for one minor point - I cannot understand it but the cofee at breakfast was vile - I mean vile - we tried the chocolate instead and that was vile too !! However this very small point would never put us off going back again. Loule is a lovely ordinary little town and this is a very nice hotel. Highly recommended

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loule, Portugal

Don't know if this will be too late for you, but anyway it may be of interest to others.

We're just back from Portugal and spent our last 2 nights in Loule. The Jardim hotel looks lovely but it was full, so we called at the Turismo who suggested we try the Hospedaria Dom Fernando, which is in two buildings in the streets adjoining the covered market (which is hard to miss with its huge red onion domes at each corner). There's some on-street parking available for guests. The manager who seems to be in charge most of the time is a casual but friendly guy who speaks little English but some French, which was how we conversed.

We were offered a room in top floor of the yellow building, which seems to have been recently refurbished or converted. Everything about it was immaculate and brand new. Our room actually had a double bed plus two singles (which, if occupied, would have left little rooom for luggage, but luckily there were only two of us). The ensuite shower/toilet were also new and smart. The soundproofing was excellent and the beds very comfortable. There was no fridge, but a very high-spec TV with lots of channels.

We were charged 50 euros a night for the two of us, which included a basic continental breakfast in the cafe next door.

It was a very comfortable stay in a convenient central location.

4. Re: Loule, Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Loule
Recent Conversations