We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurante foz de banho

Which Monchique hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liechenstein
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
restaurante foz de banho

This restaurant has been recommended to us. It's not reviewed here and I am wondering if anyone has been there ? Is it in the town centre ? I am also confused about Caldas de Monchique. is this a separate town ?

Many thanks for your help.

Grace

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,288 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurante foz de banho

Caldas de Monchique is the thermae area of Monchique. It's a 6km away from Monchique.

Liechenstein
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurante foz de banho

Thank you for your reply. Does anyone know what prices are like at this restaurant ?

Thanks again,

Grace

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurante foz de banho

The small village of Caldas de Monchique is around (as said) 6 or so km from Monchique town itself - south. You are correct, they are separate places.

Caldas is known for being the home of Monchique spa/ mineral water.

Ottawa, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurante foz de banho

is the spa accessible to the public?

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurante foz de banho

Caldas is the "home" of the spa water. Unfortunately there isn't a spa in the sense of any baths or bathing facilities.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurante foz de banho

Well, technically you can, Villa Termal das Caldas de Monchique Spa & Resort is there. But I have heard its a little pricey and facilities are limited.

Foz do Banho is ok, but if you go past this you will eventually come to the new Wellness Resort and a few hundred yards after its entrance you will see on the left hand side a very old traditional restaurant called Imperio. This only does piri piri chicken with salad and chips and the presunto etc etc but for my money is the best in the area and including drinks you will rarely pay more than €9 a head.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurante foz de banho

I was assuming they meant a traditional Roman spa as in Leamington or Bath. Not a spa resort hotel.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurante foz de banho

My last post was intended to address Bourlamaque's question by the way.

Leeds & Albufeira
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurante foz de banho

I'd recommend a visit to Caldas de Monchique if you have a car. If the restaurant in question is the on in the big square in Caldas dM the it's reasonably priced. Always been a bit wary of these places when visiting these small, picturesque towns but we were pleasantly surprised by the price and quality of the food. Can't remember how much we paid - but for me to think it was reasonable value it can't have been too dear!

By walking up towards to source of the springs you can sample the water from the spring at a small font (tastes like water to me - but if it's not over 3% I can't taste much.....) but it's a pretty area and well laid out - nice walk when the weathers good! Saw a black dragonfly (or damselfly - can't remember which one folds its wings at the moment....) up there a few times when we've been - not seen the like anywhere else. Anyway - quite a pretty little town - has the usual tourist type shops but a bit more upmarket than some places I could mention.

If you have a car it's probably best to park on the hill as you approach the village - if you can't find anywhere in the village you have to go all the way through and start again.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurante foz de banho

Restaurante Foz De Banho is well worth a visit , friendly staff , good priced food and very good chicken piri piri. the views from the terrace on a warm evening are superb.

Get answers to your questions about Monchique