We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there are any Bars and Restaurants around the area of this resort, or would it be a taxi ride to the nearest nightlife. If so, any idea what a taxi would cost to the nearest nightlife.

Thanks for your help.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

its a taxi into Alvor about 8 to 10 euros or so its in a fairly isolated area as there is nowhere to walk to as outside the front gates is the main N 125 road , very expensive to eat and drink in the Hotel, unless you have rented one of the timeshare units in the grounds because with the rental you get a discount card giving you free golf and 25% of all food and drink purchases in the hotel, you can also get taxi in to Lagos about 18 euro each way

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

I will second that. Friends of mine have been there. It is in an isolated area four miles or so from anywhere. There is one rather indifferent café / restraurant about a mile from the entrance, that's all.

Sagres
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Its a good place if you want to play golf :P

dont forget to rent a car to exit there or you could use the public bus Vaivem (i think they have a route there)

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Thank you for your replies. I think extra spending money is on the cards.Lol

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Why not ring / e mail them to ask if there is a courtesy bus that runs into Alvor and the beach.

G R
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Hi,

At Le Meridien Penina you may find the following Restaurants and Bars:

Sagres – Buffet Breakfast, and themed buffet dinners;

Le Grill – fine dining;

Sir Henry Cotton`s Club – open every day from 10 am to 8 pm with light meals and snacks, occasionally open for dinner;

L´Arlecchino (Seasonal) – Italian Restaurant open for dinner .

Pool Bar (Seasonal) – Open all day, overlooking the swimming pool.

Dunas (Seasonal), at the Alvor beach, 4 km away from the hotel. Open from June to September. During this period the Hotel has a shuttle service to the beach, shades and towels service.

Bar Monchique – open from 8.30 pm to 01.00, with cocktails & Music. Live Music a few times a week.

Hope this helps. For further information and assistance, please contact us at guest.penina@lemeridien.com.

Hope to greet you soon!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Hi Pennina! It really is good to see the actual resort/hotel replying to info asked for by travellers, I am sure that will help the original poster, I thought there was a shuttle but did not like to give false info! well done!!

I am sure they will love Pennina, we have played many around of golf there and loved the hotel and golf course.!

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

Thanks again everyone. especially the resort for taking the time to reply.

9. Re: Le Meridien Penina Golf Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Portimao
Recent Conversations