We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Digital Photo's - Azores

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Digital Photo's - Azores

We'll be brining our digital camera. Any suggestions on what to do with our pics? Should I purchase extra cards to store them on, or upload them somewhere? If so, where? How long does it take to upload. We'll be bringing a laptop, so we can upload if need be.

Thanks! Rawben

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,286 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Digital Photo's - Azores

If you have a laptop with the correct card reader slot uploading your photos will take a few minutes only - time depends on the size of card.

Try it before you leave!

Failing that, all types of cards are usually available locally.

Personally if I was i the Azores taking hundreds of pictures of a lifetime experience, I would upload to a laptop but retain the card and its images as backup. The cards can be carried in your wallet or somewhere else safe.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Digital Photo's - Azores

Thank you Cubsar! I was alson wondering if there's another site such as snapfish or something like it to upload pics too. I was thinking an offsite and laptop then I could reuse the cartridge. Just a thought. It's good to know that they sell the flash cartridge there. Thanks again!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Digital Photo's - Azores

You can also after uploading to your computer, burn back CD's, check them, and store them in a different place than your camera and laptop. Some chops will do it for you. Another idea is bring a portable 2.5'' hard disk and use it as a backup.

Also card's are nowadays cheaper, but don't buy the bigger you can. It's better to buy 2 cards of 2GB instead of one of 4GB. In case is there any problem with a card, the larger it is the bigger the loss.

Dont' shoot until the end of the card. Leave a 2/5 pictures of space available.

I have two 1GB, 2 2GB and 1 4GB card. I always start shooting with the smaller ones.

Also before using them format them on your camerea using the format option on it. It's safer.

Hope this helps!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Digital Photo's - Azores

chop -> shop ... :-)

And also regarding the format, make sure that you first copied all the information first to your computer!!!

5. Re: Digital Photo's - Azores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 12:23