We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM & an industrial belt for an engine

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
43 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
SIM & an industrial belt for an engine

One standard question, one odd question. I've arrived on Faial by sailboat, and a belt on our engine broke. We are looking for a replacement, but haven't been able to find one yet. The size is 16mm x 1550mm. Any suggestions on where to find such a thing? We are trying to find it on any Azores island if possible, will order from outside of the Azores if necessary.

We've already checked with Mid Atlantic Yacht Services, Jean Pierre Repair, Tecninautica, Horta Motores-Sociedade de Assistencia e Manutencao, and Luis Mota. No luck.

The other is a regular SIM question. Purchased a Vodafone SIM with Plano Inicial and added the Yorn W 2GB plano. That plan is good for 2GB in 30 days at e4,25/week. What should I do if I use up the 2GB before the 30 days is over? Is it best to just buy a new SIM and do the same thing over again? Is that even possible, or does Vodafone somehow track the phone once you use the first SIM? Or maybe it's possible to just add another block of 2GB to the existing plan? I guess that's more than one question. I'm trying to figure out the overage charges on the Yorn/Vodafone sites but Google Translate of the Portuguese is not great.

Thanks for any advice!

1. Re: SIM & an industrial belt for an engine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:17