We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

We are a group of 4 couples and 2 children and need accomodations with atleast 5 bedrooms. Alternatively we can rent separate apartments or townhomes so long as they are in the same complex.

Any suggestions for a good quality, self catering rental? Thank you!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

I can see what you're looking for but am not aware of any villas or houses available for rental at this time - what I may suggest is that you look into Casa Vitoriana - the property is in Ponta Delgada, a Victorian family home that has been converted into a guest house - but what may work for you most is that circling the courtyard and garden of the building are a collection of small self-catering apartments and a small cottage also with it's own kitchen. You may be able to work out some arrangement with the owner and take over the place as a group it may be the best option for your situation. You would have the self-catering and freedom you desire plus maid service and a very central location. check out their site http://www.casavitoriana.com/ and contact the owner she's a wonderful woman, a dear friend, and I'm sure she can work something out for you. Hope this helps.

Katowice, Lisboa
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

Hi,

did you finally find something interesting? I'm looking also for something for my friends - a family of 5, grandparents, parents and a small kid.

What the want is to be out of Ponta Delgada, out of the city. The most calm and quite place, the better, but close to the beach, because of the kid.

While your search did you find anything that you could suggest to me (and them)?

Edited: 11 June 2010, 21:52
San Diego...
Level Contributor
872 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

Hi - we are renting this place in September homelidays.co.uk/vila-franca-do-campo/house-… for one week. We are two couples, a nanny and three children - two 3and 1/2 year olds and a 1 year old. Roberto, the owner, has answered all my emails very promptly. However, I HAVE NOT STAYED HERE YET, so I cannot vouch for it. I will post a review when we return in September. But it seems to be just what you are looking for. Any questions, send me a Personal Message here at Tripadvisor.

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

I just looked at the pictures of the property and it looks gorgeous. Please do give us your feed back on the property even if its just a few words. Enjoy your stay on Sao Miguel. You will love it!

5. Re: Suggestions for villa rentals on Sao Miguel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 06:16