We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels and Camping in the Azores

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hostels and Camping in the Azores

Hi all

I am a single traveller late 30s looking for suggestions on camping and hostels in the Azzores/will be travelling 1st week in September for 3 weeks

cheers

martino

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels and Camping in the Azores

Camping: Limited opportunities but check out azores.dk/Egenerelt.htm#Where%20to%20stay: This is from 2008 but is the best I know of. Also check out roteiro-campista.pt/Acores/frame-regiao-acor… which covers most islands.

The ones I have seen first hand are:

Faja Gande - Flores: Right beside the sea just outside the village, which is really nice. Most westerly village in the EU. Fairly simple but better than others, camping seems to be in small grass fields bounded by dry-stone walls.

Mosteiros - Sao Miguel: Not sure if this is on the websites but its at the western end of the village by the sea pools. I just walked by and it did not look like luxury camping, kind of dirt ground behind a fence but might be ok.

Terceira: One I walked past at Miradouro do Raminho aboout 3km north of Serrata. Dirt ground in trees with toilet, free and open to all. Could be a bit windy up on the top of an old whaling look-out point!

All the camping sites seem to be very simple, not actually like UK campsites with hot showers, shops, mowed lawns, etc.

Hostels: Don't have the details to hand but I know of hostels Ponta Delgada and Horta, check out http://www.pousadasjuvacores.com/index_en.php

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostels and Camping in the Azores

Thanks so much for the information ;o)

3. Re: Hostels and Camping in the Azores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sao Miguel