We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

Hi everyone

I am looking for the best half day hikes on Sao Miguel. We are in our late 20's, active individuals. What are the top routes we should take? I want to do at least 3 solid hikes/walks while we are in Sao Miguel at the beginning of June we will have a car rented.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 17:32
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,733 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

Here are the trails in S.Miguel …visitazores.com/en/trails-azores/sao-miguel

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

Thanks for the link, 64novpt, I have viewed this website a few times. I guess my question should be: of all the Trails on Sao Miguel, which are the ones that should not be missed.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

My wife and I are going in a few weeks and we will be completing a few of the trails as well. I'd be happy to let you know which ones we enjoyed when we get back.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
798 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

The Vista do Rei to Sete Cidades is one that you shouldn't miss. My husband and I also enjoyed the Praia-Lagoa do Fogo trail. If you want an atmosphere of mysterious beauty and enchantment, do the trail around Lagoa das Furnas -- I absolutely loved this.

5. Re: Need suggestions for half-day hikes on Sao Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:17