We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay on a budget?

Toronto
Level Contributor
226 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay on a budget?

Hi, first time to Azores. Will be staying for 10 days in Sao Miguel. 4 people in late 20s/early 30s. travelling in mid-May

could you please recommend a non expensive option to stay. I've been looking on VRBO, which offers better pricing than conventional hotels. But perhaps you could recommend a specific place or region I should be focusing on.

if you own a property in Azores or know someone who rents, don't hesitate to let me know.

Also, what is the best area? I'm assuming Ponta Delgada would be closest to everything due to it's central location on the island.

It's a bit overwhelming, hopefully you could simplify things a bit for me.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay on a budget?

Please, what sum of money do you consider to be 'non-expensive'?

Manistee, Michigan
Level Contributor
281 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay on a budget?

We went a couple of years ago and used this one:

vacationhomemangementazores.com

Bonita is a Canadian married to an Azorean and she has her own resort with cottages and manages property for other people. She was extremely helpful and we loved both the places we rented from her. The island is beautiful - you will have a wonderful time.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 13:18
Toronto
Level Contributor
226 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay on a budget?

vrbo offers several opportunities for 4 people from 32euro/night (in a rural area) to 60e/night (in Ponta Delgada).

there are much higher priced accomodations as well, but I'm filtering them out. I'd rather spend the money on food as we will only be in the house to sleep, I don't see a point in overspending

ideally, I'd like to find something in the 30e range, but closer to Ponta Delgada center....am I asking for too much?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,456 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay on a budget?

Residencial Sete Cidades is at 43,5€/night (breakfast included) in booking.com. Try Pensão Residencial América Phone (+351) 296284351 or Fax. (+351) 296287353.

…hostelbookers.com/results/…true

postodeturismo.pt/cliente/…

http://www.residencialcasadojardim.com/en/

Toronto
Level Contributor
226 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay on a budget?

64novpt , thank you. but once you factor in the extra people ot becomes much pricier. Although I do like the provided breakfast, it's a great timesaver in the mornings.

6. Re: where to stay on a budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sao Miguel