We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early morning arrival

Northern New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
early morning arrival

Planning an April vacation with our flight arriving at 7 a.m. What does one do that early in the morning when check in at the hotel is not until 1400.....

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early morning arrival

I would contact the hotel and request a early check in. Even though this is not guaranteed you may be lucky. If this is not possible hotels usually allow you to store your baggage, perhaps you could walk around Ponta Delgada & have a nice meal if the room is not ready. Alternatively, book a guided tour with Lisa or Gary, have a look at my trip report for further info:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189134-i1760-k4…

Enjoy!

Sao Miguel, Portugal
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early morning arrival

I Agree with Welshtraveller111 comente or you walk in Ponta Delgada and see what the city has to offer or you can do a short or half day Tour, and relax in the afternooon.

I wish you a nice trip and vacation to the Azores!

Gary Travassos

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: early morning arrival

Gary & Lisa are excellent guides ~ you will not be disappointed if you choose this option!

4. Re: early morning arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ponta Delgada