We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party in Coimbra

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Party in Coimbra

If you are a youngest, the third week of the October might be perfect for you. Party on the main square besides hotel Astoria is through out the whole night. If you are a regular traveller, you might prefer good rest for the next day. This is the terrible traveling time for me ever. I expected a charming and quite town. Now I am all awake and listening to the pounding music outside of hotel. The historic Astoria hotel is shaking under the new generation. I got nothing to do except complaining and writing review at 4 in the morning. I hope this not a everyday event, only for the third week of October. Some sort of students celebration. I wish I could join them, but I pass the age.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Party in Coimbra

That's very unfortunate to experience. Hope the remainder of your stay will be better!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party in Coimbra

The Astoria is not the best hotel to stay at in Coimbra.

It is right by the main river bridge(Portagem) and the pedestrian zone where students (who will party) are going to party. Furthermore, when I last visited the hotel a couple of years ago, the Astoria was not in its spring of youth.

In Coimbra, I would always recommend the Hotel Victoria, the IBIS or the Vila Galé Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Coimbra
Coimbra
Coimbra District, Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,347 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party in Coimbra

It's the "Latada" one week of celebrations where the official reception to the new students it's done, it ended yesterday.

4. Re: Party in Coimbra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:19