We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fatima shrine to children's homes

Orange County...
Level Contributor
336 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Fatima shrine to children's homes

I plan to visit Fatima shrine by bus from Lisbon. I am curious if it is easy to visit the 3 children's homes from there ? Can I walk to the homes, or need a bus ride?

Also, are the homes authentic or rebuilt for tourism purposes ?

Mentioned in this post
Fatima
Fatima
Santarem District, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Fatima Experience - Tours to Remember
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Pilgrims of Fatima - Guided Tours & Catholic Pilgrimages
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Fatima Transfers
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,118 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fatima shrine to children's homes

This is the official website for Fátima www.fatima.pt/portal/index.php?id=1000 you can see pictures of the houses, all I can say is that they are tipical small houses, if they were rebuilt I don't know. The houses are around 3Km away from the sanctuary.

For the regional tourism board www.rt-leiriafatima.pt

Orange County...
Level Contributor
336 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fatima shrine to children's homes

Obrigado. Did anyone else to go the houses by public transport from the Basilica ?

USA
Level Contributor
429 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fatima shrine to children's homes

I did enjoy the tour of the children's house (Lucia's). It looked authentic. Personal stuff were original, some household stuff were recreation likely. There were a museum, a small barn, path way to a monument. I remember it is not far from the basilica but then it isn't a real short walk either. I don't know if there is a bus you can take. I was on a multi city tour and Fatima was one of the stops.

Mentioned in this post
Fatima
Fatima
Santarem District, Portugal
4. Re: Fatima shrine to children's homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Fatima
Recent Conversations