We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto to Fatima to Lisbon

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Porto to Fatima to Lisbon

Can somebody please give me a suggesstion on how to plan my trip from porto airport going to the Bus Station to Fatima. I will do some sightseing there and finally before sundown to be in Lisbon for my flight back toToronto???? Arrival in POrto on June 19,2011. Thanks .

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,930 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto to Fatima to Lisbon

You could hire a car, which would be quicker but more expensive than the only other option, by bus.

You need to check bus times and fares at this website

www.rede-expressos.pt

They operate buses about once every two hours between Porto and Fatima and about once every hour between Fatima and Lisbon.

The site is available in English.

Porto has several bus stations. Rede-Expressos use the one at Batalha, Rua Alexandre Herculano, more or less in the city centre.

From the airport you can take the metro (light rail) to Bolhao station, a journey of about 30 minutes. Bolhao is a few minutes walk from Batalha bus station.

Beware : the journey Porto - Fatima is about 2 hours, Fatima - Lisbon about 90 minutes.

The bus station in Lisbon is about 5 miles from the airport. Bus available (Aeroshuttle 96) only until 915pm

Edited: 04 June 2011, 05:57
Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto to Fatima to Lisbon

We hope someone can help us out here.

We have a limited time in Lisbon in September 2012. We like to take the bus to Fatima on 12/9 and return on 13/9. We understand the bus to Fatima is avialable hourly but is there a schedule for the retun from Fatima on 13th? We need to catch the flight to Rome at 6PM.

Unfortunately the www.rede-expressos.pt is not in English.

Gus Nathan

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,222 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto to Fatima to Lisbon

"Unfortunately the www.rede-expressos.pt is not in English." Yes it is, you have to click on the UK flag on the top left corner.

The return schedule is similar (hourly) until 8pm.

4. Re: Porto to Fatima to Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Fatima