We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fatima, Portugal - Shopping for religious articles

Cleveland, Ohio
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fatima, Portugal - Shopping for religious articles

I am on a tour which has a short (2 hour) excursion to Fatima, Portugal. Looking for recommendations on where to shop for religious articles. Thank you.

Edited: 08 October 2011, 16:37
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fatima, Portugal - Shopping for religious articles

All around the complex there are shops. There´s no one particularly different from the rest.

Someone will recommend a particular store, which gives commission to the touring guide...

USA
Level Contributor
388 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fatima, Portugal - Shopping for religious articles

Hi

I was on a bus tour with 2-3 hours to Fatima too. We stopped at a big building complex to have lunch then go to next door shop which was huge with pretty much all things religious you would want! The prices did not seem outrageous, and choices were plenty. So I would recommend loading up here if you do stop. THere wasn't much commerce once you get onto the basilia grounds. (There may be a gift shop but once I got there I wanted to tour church, attend mass, light prayer candles, etc... and wasn't looking to shop). If you do make a stop at Lucinda's childhood home there are some shops on the same street that sell souvenirs.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
761 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fatima, Portugal - Shopping for religious articles

It is next to impossible to miss the religious stores as they are everywhere surrounding the Basilica grounds. I would suggest the one within the property as it appears (to me at next) to be run by the Church. We were unable to obtain holy water, except from one of the fountains...quite unlike Lourdes.

4. Re: Fatima, Portugal - Shopping for religious articles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:17