We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight tickets help

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Topic
Flight tickets help

Hi There,

Please advise at which website should I look to get cheap flight tickets??? We’re 4 people traveling need to book air ticket for trip Lisbon to Barcelona, Barcelona to Marrakech, Marrakech to Lisbon, three leg segment. Should I book all together tkt or each one-way segment tkt will be cheaper?? Please need help.

Thank you!

Best Seller
Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais...
1,194 Reviews
from US$89.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon to Fatima, Nazare, and Obidos...
751 Reviews
from US$89.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
467 Reviews
from US$53.50*
14 replies to this topic
Aveiro, Portugal
Level Contributor
397 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight tickets help

You'll get different opinions from different people. However, I'd suggest that this is a situation in which you shouldn't sweat the small stuff. Just book the flights on the dates and times which will give you the most time to do what you want to do on your vacation.

I've picked arbitrary travel dates, all mid-week in late May and early June, and spanning a total of three weeks. Your itinerary can be booked right now through Kayak for prices ranging from $204 through $260 per person, using a variety of carriers (e.g., TAP, Air France, Iberia, Ryanair, and Royal Air Maroc. Each of the itineraries I see at this price has all three legs non-stop, or at least two out of the three legs non-stop with one one-stop leg.

Yes, if you search dilligently every day through a number of different airline and consolidator sites, you'll likely, eventually, to find what you've convinced yourself to be the very, very cheapest routing. However, the amount per person that you're going to save doesn't seem to make the time and effort especially worthwhile.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight tickets help

You might take a look on the tripadviser air travel forum. Received wisdom there is not to book with agents, always book with airlines direct.

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

If your flights are all quite separate in time it may be that it will be cheaper to book them separately. This is because if you book two or more flights on the same ticket the airline has obligations to you if you miss a connection and they allow for those obligations in their pricing.

You should get on with booking as prices tend to rise as the departure date gets nearer.

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight tickets help

Thank you for your suggestions. Please let me know if I'm getting the same fare when I'm combining all the segments and even when I'm looking each leg separate. What should I do, get one whole multi-trip tkt or just get each leg tkt separate?...What will be my better option?..

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,916 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight tickets help

The best thing to do is click on the thread provided in #2 and ask your question on the Air Travel forum where there are many contributors with excellent information for flight choice.

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight tickets help

Sure! Thanks!

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight tickets help

I've always found Skyscanner to be good.

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight tickets help

Thank you!!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
838 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight tickets help

Skyscanner, edreams, momondo

I used several times edreams without any problem whatsoever. I found them to be the cheapest solution. They usualy charge an additional value because of the credit card, so be aware of that

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
1,089 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight tickets help

I beg to disagree. It is always better to book with the airlines directly and not to use third party agencies. You will get the same advice on the Air Travel forum. You can shop for the best price on the travel websites, but do the actual booking directly with the airline of your choice.

houston
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight tickets help

Thank you all.

Reply to: Flight tickets help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted